******* WEEKEND FINDS *******

catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
edited July 2006 in Strut Central
Technically these are early weekend finds (last night).No photos because I don't have one of those clicky picture taker things.LPsCourtial w/ Errol Knowles - Don't You Think It's Time (been wanting this for a minute)Yellow - S/T (crazy Japanese record with covers of 'The Ghetto' and '2001')To Be - S/T (breaks and more on the Brain label)12"Sugar Daddy - Another One Bites The dust/inst.Light Of The world - Time (remix) / I'm so HappySparque - Music turns Me On/alt mixesPat Lundy - Work Song/sameLinda Taylor - You And Me Just Started/dubTwo Man Sound - Que Tal America/brazil o brazilOneness Of Juju - Every Way But Loose/(Family Tree) Make A changeAl Hudson & the Soul Partners - Spread Love/Love Me ForeverCoffee - Casanova/A PromiseCrown Heights Affair - Say A Prayer For Two/I'm Gonna Love You ForeverChocolate starfish - Cosmic Force b/w Clyde Alexander & Sanction - Got To Get Your Love (this has the Dmitri & Kenny Dope edits)Always good to get some essential playout cuts.Hope everyone has a good weekend!(took a few asterisks out of the title to fit better)

Comments

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    no camera here either. been finding a gang of shit, especially hiphop.

one question:
    anybody know what the og press of "do the james..." was? i got a copy on citi-beat and a copy on DNA. is there a recent reissue that got put out? thanks in advance

recent keepers:
    aposento alto (thanks age!)
    lord finesse-strictly for the ladies
    dom um romao on muse
    a.d.o.r- the concrete LP (enough dope songs on here to make it good.)
    original flavor- beyond flavor LP (the 12s are the best songs on here)
    rimshots-soul train LP (never had this before...great funk record)
    clearlake auditorium
    showbiz & ag - soul clap/party groove pic sleeve EP (daamn, finally)
    rhyme major mcs (sick bass drop)
    so much more to trade. wish i had a camera.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    wish i had a camera.

what happened to the Kodak digi I donated to the cause, foll!?

wattup hommie!
    yo, i lost the cord that connects to the computer port. can i get another one somewhere? online? do different cameras have compatible cords?

wheres your weekend finds Raj?

radio shack, duh. gonna work on this now

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    Jimmy Smith - Root Down

CBS Rock Workshop

Harvey Mason - Marching In The Street

Free Orbit on MPS

Berry Window (the guy from Dee Dee, Berry & The Movements on MPS) - a rare solo LP (not the Soul & Love LP) - this one is still featuring Joel Van Drogenbroeck (the guy from Brainticket)

Jimmy Smith - Root Down

CBS Rock Workshop

Free Orbit on MPS

Berry Window (the guy from Dee Dee, Berry & The Movements on MPS) - a rare solo LP (not the Soul & Love LP) - this one is still featuring Joel Van Drogenbroeck (the guy from Brainticket)

FUCK YEAH, GOPE!!!!!
    DO THAT, PAPI!!!!!!

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    Jimmy Smith - Root Down

CBS Rock Workshop

Free Orbit on MPS

FUCK YEAH, GOPE!!!!!
    DO THAT, PAPI!!!!!!

fo' sure, dibbletrouble...
    fo' sure!

• MoogManMoogMan Sao Paulo, Brazil 1,173 Posts
    Free Orbit on MPS

Hey Grope

Do you know what is the OG, the one with the eye or the one with the girl on the cover?

Peace

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    anybody know what the og press of "do the james..." was? i got a copy on citi-beat and a copy on DNA. is there a recent reissue that got put out?

Citi-Beat = OG

• autezautez 404 Posts

mans incredible venture to the moon (metromdedia)
    swingin mother records - weird spoken word with a couple funny parts.
    jimi hendrix maui hawaii - live recording of jimi hendrix in hawaii in 1970

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    How is that Jimi boot?

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    Lonnie Smith- Afro-Desia LP
    Idris Muhammad- Power of Soul LP
    Otis Redding- Soul Album LP (beat but I don't pass up Otis LPs for $1!)
    Wilson Pickett- The Best Part of a Man/How Will I Ever Know 45 (Wicked)
    Little Sister- You're the One Part 1/Part 2 45 (Stone Flower)
    Donald Austin- Crazy Legs/Nan-zee 45 (Woody)
    Fred Wesley & The JBs- If You Don't Get It/You Can Have Watergate 45 (People)
    The Dynamics- Ain't No Love At All/What Would I Do 45 (Cotillion)

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    radio shack, duh. gonna work on this now

I have an extra one too that should work, Tone. Hit me up.

And yo, this dude threw down on the wheels last night!

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    wattup hommie!
    yo, i lost the cord that connects to the computer port. can i get another one somewhere? online? do different cameras have compatible cords?

wheres your weekend finds Raj?

If you are using a compact flash card get a USB compact flash card reader with all of the different slots in it. That way you can use it for any camera and media you or a friend might have.

-billb

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    eBay & MusicStack mailbox arrivals:

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    99th Floor on 45 is rad!

I gotta assume that it was on at least one
    local TX label before being picked up by Wand.

If you bought Iron Knowledge online, I think
    we can assume it dintcomcheep

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    99th Floor on 45 is rad!

One of my all-time faves and I'm so glad to have it now. The flip "What Are You Gonna Do" kills it too.

If you bought Iron Knowledge online, I think
    we can assume it dintcomcheep

I'm thinking it's gone way down in value since the BLACK EXHAUST frenzy. My unplayed stock copy was $30 ppd., with no other bids.

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts

I'm thinking it's gone way down in value since the BLACK EXHAUST frenzy. My unplayed stock copy was $30 ppd., with no other bids.

It's gone way down because a certain someone lists damn near a copy per week.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

Who that is??

Yeah, I just looked and it's going unbid at $25...

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    Free Orbit on MPS

Hey Grope

Do you know what is the OG, the one with the eye or the one with the girl on the cover?

Peace

there are two german pressings with the same cover. one on the red MPS label (original) and the later one with a black MPS label.

I don't know if there were two different covers for the LP. Maybe you got an US pressing? I don't really know. An eye or a girl on the cover? Maybe you are thinking of the first Motherhood LP? Never seen a different cover for Free Orbit on MPS.

• MoogManMoogMan Sao Paulo, Brazil 1,173 Posts

there are two german pressings with the same cover. one on the red MPS label (original) and the later one with a black MPS label.

I don't know if there were two different covers for the LP. Maybe you got an US pressing? I don't really know. An eye or a girl on the cover? Maybe you are thinking of the first Motherhood LP? Never seen a different cover for Free Orbit on MPS.

These are the 2 covers of Free Orbit I'm talking about:

and

Peace

• MikeZeroMikeZero 215 Posts
    I haven't played in a while. Some highlights from the last week:

Anybody checked out the Linda Waterfall LP? I almost passed on it because it's on Windam Hill. Really beautiful folk album...

Soft Machine is signed by Kevin Ayers

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    John Ruth is a dope ass New Wave album. Who's the fugly dude in the upper right?

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts

Cool! I been thinking about starting a thread about "records you found that were signed".

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    i found a autographed braxton 3 compositions for $3.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

These are the 2 covers of Free Orbit I'm talking about:

and

Peace

Wow. Must either be the US pressing or another Free Orbit LP that I don't know of. The second one with the girl AND the red label is the one that is being sold as original LP over here. I have never seen the other cover. Do you have any other info on the one with the eyeball?

Who's the fugly dude in the upper right?

Dino Valente - Epic 67 folk raer. Good album.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    I like that Heldon record alot.

• MikeZeroMikeZero 215 Posts

Cool! I been thinking about starting a thread about "records you found that were signed".

Yeah, I also got a signed copy of "Odd Ditties" from the same guy and a Fairport Convention LP signed by Thompson and Pegg from him too (but already sold those). Then strangely got a fully signed first Only Ones album this week from someone else. Good week for auto'd albums!