Back to the Future Raer?

DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,900 Posts
edited July 2006 in Strut Central
http://www.bttf.com/cgi-bin/ImageFolio3/imageFolio.cgi?direct=Eric_Stoltz_as_Marty_McFlyOK wtf... Most of this movie made with Eric Stoltz???I wonder if Zemeckis told Stoltz to make like a tree and...?

Comments

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    yea. zemeckis felt stoltz didn't act 'teenagery' enough and told him to beat it.fox came on hot from "family ties" AND THE REST IS LEGEND.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    that girl isn't Lea Thompson either

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,900 Posts
    yea. zemeckis felt stoltz didn't act 'teenagery' enough and told him to beat it.fox came on hot from "family ties" AND THE REST IS LEGEND.

Yeah, I had heard that. But I didn't know that a good portion of it was filmed. I wonder if they are ever gonna release it.

• muggimuggi Reykjavík, Iceland 44 Posts
    why would they?

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    why would they?

Some 20/25/30 anniversary superdeluxe box set. Extradisc full of treats like this pre-Fox cutting room floor outakes for cats who really dig Back to the Future trilogy. I'm not one of 'em, but shit would sell.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts

Yeah, I had heard that. But I didn't know that a good portion of it was filmed. I wonder if they are ever gonna release it.
    zemeckis wanted to include the stoltz material on the dvd set that came out a couple of years ago but stoltz said he would sue. same reason coppole never put out the harvy kietel apocolypse now takes.

• muggimuggi Reykjavík, Iceland 44 Posts
    taken from wikipedia

"Eric Stoltz vs. Michael J. Fox

As Back to the Future's producers were scouting locations on a residential street in Pasadena, Michael J. Fox was elsewhere on that street, filming what became his first starring feature role, Teen Wolf. The producers became interested in having Fox play Back to the Future's lead role of "Marty McFly". However, Fox initially had to turn down the part because the producers of the Family Ties television show wouldn't allow Fox's character on that show (Alex Keaton) to be absent from any episodes.
    Production of the film began on November 26, 1984 with actor Eric Stoltz portraying Marty McFly. But after filming began, the filmmakers came to the conclusion that Stoltz was not right for the part. Stoltz had played it serious, but they wanted a lighter touch on the character. It is believed that they had, at that point, filmed about one third of the completed movie. They returned to the idea of Michael J. Fox, who this time worked out a shooting schedule that wouldn't interfere with his commitments on Family Ties. Fox would spend his days rehearsing and shooting Family Ties, and then drive immediately over to the movie's set and film Back to The Future all night. The movie's day shots would be filmed on weekends.
    Fox reportedly averaged only an hour or two of sleep each night during production. Shooting was completed on April 20, 1985, less than three months before its release.
    Footage with Stoltz as Marty McFly still exists, according to Robert Zemeckis and Bob Gale. One notable scene with Stoltz that was kept in the final film is the scene in the mall parking lot in which Marty is driving the time machine. Stoltz is at the wheel of the DeLorean in that scene. After the change in actors occurred, it was decided to stick with the previously filmed footage for that scene, since the shots were fairly distant, with the driver's face not particularly visible.
    More detailed still photos featuring Stoltz in the role can be found on the Internet. [1]"

link: Eric Stoltz vs. Michael J. Fox

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,900 Posts
    why would they?

Cause, soon u'll see this released on 50 gig Blue ray disks or HD DVD and ur gonna have to do something to make people buy them shits once again.

I mean, don't get me wrong. I don't wanna see the whole thing with ES. But it would be interesting to see what that shit would have looked like.

Just like I need the star wars with these dudes...

http://www.pistolwimp.com/media/31791/