Reggae stores in Portland, Oregon?

johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
edited July 2006 in Strut Central
I'm heading down to Portland in a bit. Never had to before, but in this upcoming trip I will be. I'm looking for stores specializing in new reggae, specifically to add to my Sizzla 45's collection. I guess, what would be similar to Zion's Gate in Seattle?

Comments

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Mississippi records has a big stack of mostly repress JA 45s. Some Sizzla available.

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    Mississippi records has a big stack of mostly repress JA 45s. Some Sizzla available.

I will have to consider that, thank you.

Any others? How is Universal Roots on Hawthorne?

• BlackmarksBlackmarks 155 Posts
    there's not really much for reggae in stores in pdx right now. there used to be a couple spots on
    hawthorne but they closed. you can find lp and 12's (pretty much just represses) at 2nd ave. downtown
    (2nd and stark) and both jackpots have some reissues as well (no sevens at all).

if you're looking for current/recent dancehall i would just cop at www.ebreggae.com they have
    everything.

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    there's not really much for reggae in stores in pdx right now. there used to be a couple spots on
    hawthorne but they closed. you can find lp and 12's (pretty much just represses) at 2nd ave. downtown
    (2nd and stark) and both jackpots have some reissues as well (no sevens at all).

if you're looking for current/recent dancehall i would just cop at www.ebreggae.com they have
    everything.

I made an order with Ernie B's last week, a new box of Sizzla 45's should be arriving any day now (along with a 45 from Tami Chynn). I've always been impressed with their section and that of Reggae Source.

Thank you for letting me know about that.

• BlackmarksBlackmarks 155 Posts

I will have to consider that, thank you.

Any others? How is Universal Roots on Hawthorne?

it's not there anymore.

• SnappingSnapping 995 Posts
    2nd Avenue records used to have a good selection of reggae reissue vinyl. I don't know about new stuff though.