NY Latin Events/shows reccomendations.

CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
edited July 2006 in Strut Central
So yo, my mother- in law is visiting me the 2nd and third week of August (8th through the 16th) and I'm trying to figure out sme cool shit she could dig. She was diagnosed with cancer at the beginning of the year and has gone through a bunch of the treatments and is now in remission thank goodness. So anyway, since it's her first trip back in a a few years and the first since she fell ill, I really want to treat her and bring her to so real groovy stuff.She grew up in The Bronx during the 50s and 60s and she loves Latin music, you know, the GOODS. So yo, anything popping in the 5 boroughs during that time?

Comments

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Nathan lane?

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Aug 9 Son Boricua featuring Jose Mangual & Jimmy Sabater @ South St. Seaport...

also, folls, tomorrow (Saturday) nite Joe Bataan and Sonora Poncenia are in Prospect Park for $3.

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    Every Thursday at Star64 is Cuban Salsa night. DJs, Live bands, all levels welcome, etc etc. Seems like halfway between grownNsexy and grownNnerdy.

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    Every Thursday at Star64 is Cuban Salsa night. DJs, Live bands, all levels welcome, etc etc. Seems like halfway between grownNsexy and grownNnerdy.

I've heard great things about this.