One more question for the sneaker nuts.

BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
edited May 2005 in Strut Central
Theres a ton of online sites claiming to sell "wholesale" af1's and bapes and all that for around 90 bucks. They have more styles than you would typically find in retail outlets and some claim to come with the authentic boxes/cards whatever that you would get with the retail joints. Are they all bullshit bootlegs? Or are some of them legit? Whats the deal?

Comments

• Options
    If you're finding a site with bapes for 90, chances are they're bootlegs.

The last issue of Sneaker Freaker had a whole section all about the bootlegging problem, how to spot fakes, and just how big bootlegging has become. There are so many fakes out there it's ridiculous, just like any popular clothing though.

Didn't someone on here have a connection with some wholesale AF1's a month or two ago? I remember a post about it. Anyone know how that turned out?

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    If you're finding a site with bapes for 90, chances are they're bootlegs.

The last issue of Sneaker Freaker had a whole section all about the bootlegging problem, how to spot fakes, and just how big bootlegging has become. There are so many fakes out there it's ridiculous, just like any popular clothing though.

Didn't someone on here have a connection with some wholesale AF1's a month or two ago? I remember a post about it. Anyone know how that turned out?

really though, is there a huge difference? Like the bapes look kinda bootleg from the jump. Like, thats sort of a part of their visual appeal. Do they just look real crappy in person though?

Man, fuck it. Im probably just gonna go to the friggin store haha.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    Yeah these look maybe phony right here:

http://www.thehiphopvalley.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=Bapes

Not sure, though, if in the context of Bapes the poorly translated FOB-sounding product descripts are actually a positive sign rather than a negative.

• Yeah these look maybe phony right here:

Not sure, though, if in the context of Bapes the poorly translated FOB-sounding product descripts are actually a positive sign rather than a negative.

All Bapes look fake..I can't imagine why someone would even care if they were real or not.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    for shoes that retail at $250 to be sold at $90 w/ a full size run.......c'mon folks, use your common sense.

but that's the nature of things, people get got out of greed. If it's too good to be true, it usually is.

Pictures on sites mean nothing, they can use photos of the real thing and send you a fake.

• Options
    he said sneaker nuts

K.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Theres a ton of online sites claiming to sell "wholesale" af1's and bapes and all that for around 90 bucks. They have more styles than you would typically find in retail outlets and some claim to come with the authentic boxes/cards whatever that you would get with the retail joints.

Are they all bullshit bootlegs? Or are some of them legit? Whats the deal?

B,
    These shoes are fake like a $3 bill! My wife is a shoe designer and she just returned from two weeks in China on Friday. She worked at her company's design center in Dong Guan and also visited factories in Putian and Qing Dao. There are entire factories in China that make nothing but fake Nikes. One of her co-workers asked her to buy him a pair of fake Nike Shox. She bought a pair of Nike shox for $20.00 USD that look just like the $150.00 joints. Had the Nike box, all the tags, labels, all dat. She also brought bag a BIG plastic bag full of Louis Vuitton wallets for a bunch of the girls in her office. The newest joints, the LV monogram with the red cherries on it. The LV joints were MAD cheap, but look real. The Chinese bootleg EVERYTHING. The Chinese government does not care and they do NOTHING to enforce copywrite laws.

• snosno 332 Posts
    It's definitely all about bootlegs in mainland China, or "factory defect". I recently copped a pair of Bape manhunt (that Clarks Wallabees ripoff) for about USD$40. It's looks pretty much like the real deal to me (Bapes are fake looking anyways). Heck, I even copped a pair of Visvim for 35USD. But that was just an okay bootleg.

As for bootleg Vuittons, one time I heard there's one factory was so good at faking Vuittons, they were awarded a contract by Vuitton to do the leathers and some other parts for their bags. Stuff of urban legends I think.

Theres a ton of online sites claiming to sell "wholesale" af1's and bapes and all that for around 90 bucks. They have more styles than you would typically find in retail outlets and some claim to come with the authentic boxes/cards whatever that you would get with the retail joints.

Are they all bullshit bootlegs? Or are some of them legit? Whats the deal?

B,
    These shoes are fake like a $3 bill! My wife is a shoe designer and she just returned from two weeks in China on Friday. She worked at her company's design center in Dong Guan and also visited factories in Putian and Qing Dao. There are entire factories in China that make nothing but fake Nikes. One of her co-workers asked her to buy him a pair of fake Nike Shox. She bought a pair of Nike shox for $20.00 USD that look just like the $150.00 joints. Had the Nike box, all the tags, labels, all dat. She also brought bag a BIG plastic bag full of Louis Vuitton wallets for a bunch of the girls in her office. The newest joints, the LV monogram with the red cherries on it. The LV joints were MAD cheap, but look real. The Chinese bootleg EVERYTHING. The Chinese government does not care and they do NOTHING to enforce copywrite laws.

my question is then, why not fuck with the bootleg shit? I mean, I could give a shit as long as it looks right!

for shoes that retail at $250 to be sold at $90 w/ a full size run.......c'mon folks, use your common sense.

but that's the nature of things, people get got out of greed. If it's too good to be true, it usually is.

Pictures on sites mean nothing, they can use photos of the real thing and send you a fake.

wow. People get got out of greed? Hows it greedy? HOnestly 90 bucks for a pair of shiny air 1's doesnt sound too good to be true at all. I think you are too hung up on the exclusive collectible thing if this is your line of thinking.

What about 500 dollar tennis shoes made by some starving child laborer? Who's greedy again?

Yeah these look maybe phony right here:

All Bapes look fake..I can't imagine why someone would even care if they were real or not.

okay, take a look at all the fly air 1's on that page. Most I havent even seen for 300 dollars! All I wanna know is if they look right when you get em?

Anyone?

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Whoa those shoes are fucking ugly! I wouldn't wear those ugly shiny ass clown shoes for free. People really waste 95 bucks on those hideous things? Wow!

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    I was only answering your question, you asked if they're bootlegs and a bunch of us have told you dude. Most people plunk down $90 thinking they're real and they get taken to the cleaners, that is what I"m referring to. Bapes are not my thing, I would never buy them....$90 for fakes is not exactly a bargain compared to a fake $5 LV wallet. Why not just buy a pair of real AF1's for less?

but you're dismissing the entire appeal of them. Why do kids want them even when they're $250? It is this exclusivity that Nigo is marketing. That's been his schtick for the last 10 yrs, ultra limited supply to drive up demand. If you want to spend $90 on fake bapes go ahead, but then again, don't say we didn't warn you. Some of the quality is real shoddy, some good, it depends on the luck of the draw.

if you're dying to know go post on niketalk.com

also b, you take everything too personal, relax dude. I stopped buying sneakers since 2003, so I have no need to be interested in this collecting thing as you've assumed.

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    Whoa those shoes are fucking ugly! I wouldn't wear those ugly shiny ass clown shoes for free. People really waste 95 bucks on those hideous things? Wow!

WORD Hahahahaha!!!! Rave shit.

I am interested in some Nike bootlegs though. They deserve it. I can't resist the shoes. So any discount is good. According to big_chan, it sounds like it's practically the same shit. Sounds like plans, vicked from Nike, and made by someone else for cheaper. Maybe even the same factory owners that make the real ones. Who knows? I'm interested in hearing this. Anyone rock that shit? Does it stand up?

I was only answering your question, you asked if they're bootlegs and a bunch of us have told you dude. Most people plunk down $90 thinking they're real and they get taken to the cleaners, that is what I"m referring to. Bapes are not my thing, I would never buy them....$90 for fakes is not exactly a bargain compared to a fake $5 LV wallet. Why not just buy a pair of real AF1's for less?

but you're dismissing the entire appeal of them. Why do kids want them even when they're $250? It is this exclusivity that Nigo is marketing. That's been his schtick for the last 10 yrs, ultra limited supply to drive up demand. If you want to spend $90 on fake bapes go ahead, but then again, don't say we didn't warn you. Some of the quality is real shoddy, some good, it depends on the luck of the draw.

if you're dying to know go post on niketalk.com

also b, you take everything too personal, relax dude. I stopped buying sneakers since 2003, so I have no need to be interested in this collecting thing as you've assumed.

Im really not taking anything personal haha. Sorry if it sounded that way. I was actually talking about the af1's on that site. Not the bapes. Lots of those air force ones are crazy looking. I probably will check out niketalk. thanks for the link, and the info. Much appreciated yall.

• Options
    The problem with some of those bootleg sites is that you might not even get the size you asked for shipped to you. Order an 11, you might get a 9.5, or an "11" that is really a 10, or something along those lines. And then best of luck trying to work out an exchange with your friend from China.