what kind of PA do you have/use? (NRR)

meshmesh 925 Posts
edited May 2005 in Strut Central
sup peoples. i'm down in alabama in a hotel room going on week three of out of town work trip and i am trying to figure out a good PA to buy when i get back in town.

i was thinking of buying some powered speakers, namely the mackie srm450. i have used them before and they are pretty damn nice. a little pricey though.

but now i am thinking about buying a nice amp and some passive speakers.

we are putting in a bunch of PAs in a church down here and one brand of speaker that has caught my ear is EAW. they sound really nice.

the amp we were using to test it out is by QSC.

i am going to be mainly using it for DJ gigs, like house partys and weddings, but there may be a time when i use it for vocals and instruments in a live band setting. i dont want a mixer/amp, just an amp. i already have some outboard gear that i can use in the signal chain.

what is the soulstrut massive using, and what kind of price range is your setup in? also, what kind of monitors are you using?

thanks in advance.

Comments

• meshmesh 925 Posts
    doh, just found the other recent thread just started about this same fucking topic.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    hi Mesh!

• meshmesh 925 Posts
    whats up day!

dude, im so bored. theres nothing to do in montgomery, alabama. especially with no transportation.

i have been gear lusting the past 2 weeks. you seen this yet?

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    effects processor??? whats the difference between that and the grey jount?

• meshmesh 925 Posts
    about $350, 24/96 capability, you lose the iso-bands(but a rane 56 has that anyways), and the best thing about it over the 500 is that it can do rhythm based delay. so instead fo echoing out da-da-da-da, it can do whatever you tap into it. like da d d d da d d d da.

really, its just a hi end version of the 500. nothing magor as far as improvements. i'm not gonna get it, i'll probably just get the 500 if i ever get anything like that. but they do say the new 1000 sounds way better.

yeah, like i said, real bored.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    but they do say the new 1000 sounds way better.
    that's the main reason i've been hearing why it's good. im not too familiar with efx pads but apparently a lot of people were complaining about the sound quality of the 500.

edit: to stay on topic, i use event tr8xls at home and they are beautiful. i had to get the amps replaced because they were picking up some radio shit at first (known issue with early tr8xls) but after that they were beautiful.