new hip hop instrumental cd's

haze25haze25 759 Posts
edited July 2006 in Strut Central
it seems since dilla dropped donuts alot of producers have been releasing instrumental cd's.some work some don't.you didn't ask for it but heres my opinion,and to the other 3-5 people who care feel free to weigh in.large professor-"the beatz" is dope w/ a mixture of old remix instrumentals from the mid-late 90's along w/ newer stuff to what his current sound is (which is early 90's hip hop )mathamatics-"soul of a man" is a turd of an album, no need for a double cd or triple vinyl!!! incredibly boring and i love the wu-tang sound, still.madlib-"beat konducta" is alright in spots but the people who said it was better than donuts are buggin. madlib gets too far out there some times.i know one of little brothers producers put an instrumental cd out (khrysis?) anyone heard that or the new k-def cd? the k-def one looks like it could be dope.peace,xavier

Comments

• hertzhoghertzhog 865 Posts

large professor-"the beatz" is dope w/ a mixture of old remix instrumentals from the mid-late 90's along w/ newer stuff to what his current sound is (which is early 90's hip hop )

madlib-"beat konducta" is alright in spots but the people who said it was better than donuts are buggin. madlib gets too far out there some times.

Agreed. Large Pro was a pleasant surprise to me (even if there's nothing surprising about it). Very solid boom bap beats.

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    i know one of little brothers producers put an instrumental cd out (khrysis?)
    yeh, khrysis. its ok.

that large pro is better tho.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    I'm most definitely checking for the Extra P and K-Def CD's.

• waximilienwaximilien 352 Posts
    how about hobos stuff like sixtoo & signify? i have a lot of time for that side of instrumental hip-hop (though admittedly new albums from both are more on the forthcoming rather than current lists)

um

http://www.thewaxfactory.co.uk/beats/waxfactor-down_for_the_count.mp3

is off this:

http://www.undergroundhiphop.com/store/detail.asp?UPC=NWCD02CD

if anyone is into it. apologies if people take that as pimping my shit - i'm just interested what strutters think is all.

• dstill808dstill808 704 Posts
    My favorite non-Donuts inst lately has been

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    large professor-"the beatz" is dope w/ a mixture of old remix instrumentals from the mid-late 90's along w/ newer stuff to what his current sound is (which is early 90's hip hop )

Agreed. Large Pro was a pleasant surprise to me (even if there's nothing surprising about it). Very solid boom bap beats.

Co-sign. 7.5

i was concerned about the large pro stuff after hearing some of the beats on the matador releases but i'm convinced enough from what you guys are saying to check it out

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts

• subsub 311 Posts
    dj adlib - adlibertine

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

maker is the shit - i'm still bobbing my head to that glue album

adlib - the german guy on danny breaks' label? nice shit

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

every beathead on here should have a copy of this. dusty, instrumental heatery. hit me up on the pm for a free promo copy.

• gravelheadwrapgravelheadwrap corn 948 Posts
    waajeed's "patty hearst" beat tape is pretty ill

• word, i like that - it sits nicely with the dilla stuff on bling47 too

• I heard a *rumor* that the new Ayatollah "Listen" CD is pretty hot

listen @ www.mysapce.com/soundchron

• navydadnavydad 30 Posts
    seeing as madlib's beat konducta vol.1 came out before donuts, i really felt that they had similar styles to them (the looping of soul tunes with a vocal snippet chopped and repeated). i really thought that madlib may have influenced dilla or even helped him finish donuts. either way, donuts trumps them all. second is madlib's volumes. but that mathematics is poo=poo. the large pro is nice. but i think these instrumental CD's are best when the songs are kept short.

my 2 cents.

>>

• seeing as madlib's beat konducta vol.1 came out before donuts, i really felt that they had similar styles to them (the looping of soul tunes with a vocal snippet chopped and repeated). i really thought that madlib may have influenced dilla or even helped him finish donuts. >>

please to stop posting such bullshit.

back to lurking