NOLA is really comin' along

The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
edited July 2006 in Strut Central
pic taken last week.

Comments

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Cross the Industrial Canal from there and unfortunately you're gong to see a completely different story.

Ozone Magazine has a telling spread in its latest issue (with Rick Ross on the cover).

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    yeah. they will have to wait. we have other "priorities". plus they are used to waiting.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    I mean , there is still a fucking boat on the street next tot he superdome...is ANY progress being made anywhere in the flood area. It is sad. And scary.

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts
    I mean , there is still a fucking boat on the street next tot he superdome...is ANY progress being made anywhere in the flood area. It is sad. And scary.

Yeah, I figured the boat=sarcasm face.

But, hey man...its only been 11 months.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Just today at lunch I finally got my hands on a hard copy of the Mike Davis-scribed Who Is Killing New Orleans? article from The Nation. Cyril Neville referenced it when I interviewed him a few months back. It should be required reading for ALL:

http://www.thenation.com/doc/20060410/davis

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    Spike Lee is coming out with a documentary on the NOLA situation called "When the Levee Broke" that will air on HBO sometime soon.

P.S. I'm still selling copies oc "Break In The Road"--100% of all proceeds going to Habitat for Humanity's Operation Open Hand to benefit the victims of Katrina and Rita.

www.breakintheroad.org

~gNAT

• jdeezjdeez 638 Posts

pic taken last week.

I'm glad this was sarcasm. I didn't catch it at first. I've been back about 4 times in the last couple of months, and shit is fucked.