Lupe - "American Terrorist"

dayday 9,611 Posts
edited July 2006 in Strut Central
is dope.Close your mindclose your eyessee with your hearthow do you forgive the murderer of your father?the ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of a martyrwe came through the storm nooses on our necksand a smallpox blanket to keep us warmon a 747 on the pentagon lawnwake up the alarm clock is connected to a bombanthrax lab on a w. virginia farmshorty aint learned to walk already heavily armedcivilians and little children is especially harmedcamoflouged torahs, bibles and glorious quransthe books that take you to heaven and let you meet the Lord therehave become misinterpreted, reasons for warfarewe read em with blind eyes i guarantee u there's more therethe rich must be blind b/c they didnt see the poor thereneed to open up a park, just close 10 schoolswe dont need emcan u please call the fire department they're down here marchin for freedomburn down their TV's, turn their TV's on to teach emCHORUSnow the poor klu klux man c that we're all brothers not b/c things are the same b/c we lack the same color that's green, now that's meancant burn his cross cause he cant afford the gasolinenow if a muslim woman strapped with a bomb on a buswith the seconds running give you the jitters?just imagine a American-based christian orginization planning to poison water supplies to bring the second-coming quickernigga they aint livin properlybreak em off a little democracyturn their whole culture to a mockerygive em coca-cola for their propertygive em gum, give em guns, get em young, giv em funif they aint givin it up, then they aint gettin none and dont giv em all naw ,man, just give em some its the paper, then these cops must be al-qaedaCHORUS(2X)It's likedon't give the black man food, give red man liquorred man fool, black man niggagive yellow man tool, make him railroad buildaalso give him pan, make him pull gold from river give black man crack, glocks to teens, give red man craps, slot machines...

Comments

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    Wow, that is dope. I'm downloading the song now.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    I wasn't feeling the chorus at first but it's grown on me. The dude flips it at the end.
    And for those wondering who produced it, it's some "no name" (hopefully not for long) kids, not Kanye. Overall, I'm definitley feeling it. Content, delivery, music etc. It's good.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Pretty sure soundtrack produced it.

Its a cool song, still not really feeling dudes flow though.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Yeah I'm still on the fence about dude on a whole, but I was digging this more than the other stuff I've heard.

• File size = 6.66 MB.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Fox News to calle Lupe Fiasco a "terrorist sympathizer" and "part of the Blame America First crowd" in 5...4...3....

Seriously, I don't think much of Lupe Fiasco, but that's some really solid writing.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    I don't think much of Lupe Fiasco, but that's some really solid writing.