Akron (OH) Finds!!!

Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
edited July 2006 in Strut Central
Hey Guys,I just returned from my yearly trip to see the in-laws in Akron, OH. I went by an old spot of mine, Spinmore Records (out in Kent, OH), and picked up some joints. Here are the highlights:-"Get on up and Get Away"-The Esquires.-"Sweet Sixteen"-Jerry Butler.-"S/T"-Lenny Williams.-"White Lines '89"-Grand Master Melle Mel & the Furious 5.-"Drinking Man's Friend"-Eric Quincy Tate.-"Bananamour"-Kevin Ayres.-"This is Jeremy Steig"-same.-"Awakening"-Sonny Fortune.-miscellaneous soul and modern soul replacement LPs lost when my brother sold his collection (we shared collections as kids).Peace,Big Stacks from Kakalak

Comments

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    How long ago where you in Akron???

• MoSSMoSS 458 Posts
    I used to like the Canton/Akron area. I went to school out there back in '96. I found my Labbie Siffrie OG there and a few hundred KPM and DeWolfe's. There were 5-6 stores in that area, but it's been maybe 7 or 8 years since I've been there.

yup its still the same out here records everywhere......

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts
    Hey Guys,

I just returned from my yearly trip to see the in-laws in Akron, OH. I went by an old spot of mine, Spinmore Records (out in Kent, OH), and picked up some joints. Here are the highlights:

-"Get on up and Get Away"-The Esquires.
    -"Sweet Sixteen"-Jerry Butler.
    -"S/T"-Lenny Williams.
    -"White Lines '89"-Grand Master Melle Mel & the Furious 5.
    -"Drinking Man's Friend"-Eric Quincy Tate.
    -"Bananamour"-Kevin Ayres.
    -"This is Jeremy Steig"-same.
    -"Awakening"-Sonny Fortune.
    -miscellaneous soul and modern soul replacement LPs lost when my brother sold his collection (we shared collections as kids).

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Yo, ask anyone around there for directions, and they'll say "Oh, you mean Spendmore?"

Kinda true, but I'm not mad--that place has been real good to me.

North East Ohio is full of records everywhere you go....Celeveland, Akron,Canton, Youngstown, hell I have even brought shit Allaince I just look for cats still rocking jehrri curls and they always have old wreckords in the garage..serioulsy though.

• beatstew72beatstew72 314 Posts
    akron, OH gave me serenity and a new chance at life...

when I first saw this post I though he was goin to list some of my diggin spots....luckily it was just Spinmore....