PAGING ALL DILDO USERS

dayday 9,611 Posts
edited July 2006 in Strut Central
Every time I go to build overviews it freezes up before it even starts. I thought it could be a corrupt MP3, but I took out the only one there was and it's still doing it. Any ideas? I need to make sure this shit is up and running all silky smooth like before the week is up.

Comments

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    everything ive read on the ssl forums says it's a corrupt mp3 problem. i would try moving your mp3s from your regular directory to a temporary one and then try building overviews then. if it is still crashing then, it's more than likely an mp3 problem. check this: http://scratchlive.net/forum/discussion/?discussion_id=16619#new

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Thanks, I read that and followed what they recommend, but still no luck.

I posted on their forum this morning and it's been straight all day.

Hopefully I can get this figured out soon. I put in a bunch of files that still need overviews built.

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    Every time I go to build overviews it freezes up before it even starts. I thought it could be a corrupt MP3, but I took out the only one there was and it's still doing it.
    Any ideas? I need to make sure this shit is up and running all silky smooth like before the week is up.

this happens to me sometimes if i turn on my external harddrive before i turn on my computer. doesn't make sense to me, but whenever i turn it off and start the comp up first, everything is cool and i build overviews with no problem again.

• prof_rockwellprof_rockwell 2,867 Posts
    check the track that it freezes on and make sure it's a file format that SSL can read. m4a does not work in SSL, and sometimes I've DL'd tracks that play fine in iTunes but not in SSL - may be some sort of protection mechanism.