My mouse is trippin'.

Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
edited July 2006 in Strut Central
I have a wireless and it only works on certain parts of my desk. Weird thing about is that it no longer works where I used to use it. I'm reduced to the edges. I don't use a mousepad 'cause from what I understand you don't need one with a wireless. Is this correct? Could the laser have in someway damaged the finish on the wood? I tried dusting off my desk with some Pledge but no dice.Suggestions anyone?Herm

Comments

• ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts
    Optical mice have trouble with some surface, such as wood.

Try putting a piece of paper underneath it, and if that fixes it, you need a mousepad or different surface.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    I don't use a mousepad 'cause from what I understand you don't need one with a wireless.

Yo Herm!

Did you mean to say that you don't need a mouse pad with a trackball-less mouse? Cause being wireless wouldn't make a difference with a mouse pad or not. I'd still recommend using one, though, for any kind of mouse, except the ones with the big ball on top that you move around with your thumb. That way you won't scratch your desk up and it may solve the erraticaton because the pad is one solid surface, as opposed to the wood, which may be different in some parts. Try it out and see if that make a difference.

[color:white]P.S. - I'm working on the "codes" thing for you. Haven't forgotten. [/color]