Carlos Santana's "Electric Church"

El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
edited July 2006 in Strut Central
hmmmm sup with that anyone ever been in there..no telling what he has in there vinyl wise or tape wise..dude seems to be very serious about collecting music

Comments

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    as I reply to myself I would think one of yall cats would know about this??

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    link?

elaboration?

I had heard that Carlos Santana had an eloborate collection of music vinyl, tapes etc via a studio friend of mine who had worked with him and low and behold this morning i was watching ummm CBS I think and they did this episode on him whereas he took then to his "Electric Church" this is where he keeps all of his music and they showed walls of shelving full of vinyl and another wall of tapes and etc... Imma look around for something on the internet regarding this. I was just to lazy at first and figured someone here would be able to word me up on it.

ok so it was CBS and I found a link http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/10/30/sunday/main994815.shtml to bad they dont show a pick of him in front of the vinyl although during the interview you could clearly see him it behing him and a wall of tapes on the other side....of course the interviewer only asked about the cd's.... I know he has to have some serious shit up in there.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    I saw him interviewed once and he showed off a whole shelving unit of just live Miles cassettes. 100's of them. It was quite impressive. I seem to remember hearing that he's seen at record sales and shows to this day.

• wooshiewooshie 490 Posts
    Santana seems like one hell of a guy, I don't think i've seen him do a show without hugging everyone he's played with after the show. Everytime i've seen him interviewed he's spoken on Coltrane.

I saw him interviewed once and he showed off a whole shelving unit of just live Miles cassettes. 100's of them. It was quite impressive. I seem to remember hearing that he's seen at record sales and shows to this day.

yup and from what I hear he is very serious about studying music via his collection and since he was there when alot of stuff was going down you know he has some nice pieces....

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    I just wanted to take the opportunity to say...

carry on

cant see that image@ Fatback

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    I just wanted to take the opportunity to say...

carry on

GREAT album.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    cant see that image@ Fatback

it's a picture of "Lotus"

thats one thing about my job (school district) they block just about every site and alot of images....