Top 5 Basketball Players You'd pay Money...

yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
edited July 2006 in Strut Central
to see, again or for the first time. In no particular order and off the top:1) Magic Johnson2) Larry Bird3) Julius Irving4) Oscar Robertson5) Nate Archibaldedit: i replaced Wilt with Bird.

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    You mean live right?

Earl Monroe
    Jesus in Philly
    Black Jesus in NBA
    The Pearl in NYC

Dr.J in the ABA

Chuck "The Rifleman" Person - rookie season/Bird shootouts in the Playoffs

Reggie Miller @ UCLA

Lew Alcindor @ Power Memorial

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    It seems every year the case gets stronger as newbies and old-school cats alike, want to cement Jordan as GOAT. People forget that Magic is just as worthy of this title.

It seems every year the case gets stronger as newbies and old-school cats alike, want to cement Jordan as GOAT. People forget that Magic is just as worthy of this title.

That's a whole nother thread.

Magic is the prototype for this era's 6'7-7'0 ballhandling all around cat. Paradigm shift for real.
    MJ more rings more MVPs better Defense.

Abdul Jabbar and Chamberlain and Russell factor into the GOAT arguement.

That's a whole nother thread.

Magic is the prototype for this era's 6'7-7'0 ballhandling all around cat. Paradigm shift for real.
    MJ more rings more MVPs better Defense.

Abdul Jabbar and Chamberlain and Russell factor into the GOAT arguement.

Just sayin', the overriding trend especially recently is that Jordan obviously gets WAY more shine than these other dudes. (because he's the hipest and most marketable, has always been). Not hating at all, just saying. I would LOVE to watch Magic at the Great Western Forum.

alright continue on peoples!

Just sayin', the overriding trend especially recently is that Jordan obviously gets WAY more shine than these other dudes. (because he's the hipest and most marketable, has always been). Not hating at all, just saying. I would LOVE to watch Magic at the Great Western Forum.

I still have my original pair from back then.

NICE.

NICE.

I wish the image was bigger. No hijack.

Proceed.

• I'll use all 5 of my picks on the whole '72-73 Knicks team (this was the team I rooted for growing up but they haven't won a championship in my lifetime)

From what I could decipher....Isiah, Kevin Mchale, bird, magic, and I don't know the names of two on the far right.

From what I could decipher....Isiah, Kevin Mchale, bird, magic, and I don't know the names of two on the far right.

Bernard King and Mark Aguirre.

One of the greatest rebounders ever. Also one of the best at getting into the opposing power forward's heads. I would pay to see again:

One of the greatest rebounders ever. Also one of the best at getting into the opposing power forward's heads. I would pay to see again:

Pistons or Bulls era Rodman?

Pistons, cuz then I could watch Bill Laimbeer in action too.

If the league had existed in her time, I would assume Cheryl Miller would son the F out of a lot of these WNBA players. And I would pay to see:

For those interested, the Lebron/D-Wade clip at NBA.com is PRICELESS...

D-wade: "The King is still in the building..."

"Lebron, when you gonna get one of them songs like Mike...Sometimes I Dream...that he is me..."

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    since we're talking basketball here...

not that my bald ass is one to talk

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

• tiny archibald, hell yes .. i even looked to see if i could find video of some of his games a while back, no luck though
    ISIAH THOMAS
    walt frazier

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts

The world is a better place when Jack Haley shows up...

• edulusedulus 421 Posts
    pistol pete, just so i could see it and then spit justifiable hate.

j kidd in the bay area

bird in the playoffs

and i have an unusual fascination with shawn kemp before the strike.