SuperHeroStrut....

batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
edited July 2006 in Strut Central
This is what goin' down in comics these days if y'all mofo care at all. MarvelBlack Panther and Storm are to be wed this summerMoon Knight has been relaunched and its hot to deathDaughters of the Dragon mini- series has ended, to introduce the new Heroes For Hire comic, where alot of guess stars join the ladies for various adventure - kinda like DCs Birds of Prey. All females doin it!!!In the Civil War story which is Marvel's big bang this summer, Tont Stark,Reed Richards and others are backing the Hero Registration Act which would make all costume cats licensed by the Gov. Captain America says Fuck that shit - and take Daredevil,Luke Cage,Hercules,Falcon, and others underground to become the "Secret Avengers". Iron Man starts hunts them down. Iron Man fights Cap = Bananas. During all this, Iron man convinces Spiderman to reveal his identity to the public, which he does w/ Aunt May and MaryJane's blessing. This is a serious paradigm shift in the Marvel continuity. The repercussions are gonig to be tremendous from here on. The X-Men are neutral but Prof X is down w/ Stark&Richards.DCSuperboy died in the Infinity Crisis, and Robin has been tryin to clone him w/ failed results.The Justice League is rebooting itself w/ Batman Superman WonderWoman voting on the new cats.It will probably be a mix of the classic w/ some new sprinkled in there.The JUSTICE miniseries by Alex Ross is fuckin st8 lava.The Atom is being relaunched. Ray Palmer is missing, but a young Asian doctor is going to assume the mantle of the ATOM. He might even join the JLA. This is a great look for DC IMO. There is no Asian cat in the DC Pantheon. The closest is the Japanese Dr Light who pops up here and there.Just yappin bout the Comic scene. Ethan Van Sciver is that new shit.

Comments

• edulusedulus 421 Posts
    Marvel CIVIL War has brought me back into the comic fold after a long hiatus. though due to the fact that it is in like 50 different comics it is definitely tough to keep straight

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Marvel CIVIL War has brought me back into the comic fold after a long hiatus. though due to the fact that it is in like 50 different comics it is definitely tough to keep straight

Im not collecting all the tie-ins. They just want my money. I'll stick to the main book. Captain America is killin it.

• HAZBEENHAZBEEN 564 Posts
    Moon Knight is not bad, but the character just seems like a poor man's Batman. I just picked up reprints of the old series from the 70's & early 80's & they were crappola.

Grant Morrison is writing Batman & it will be amazing. So will his "Authority". Never read "Wildcats", but I'll take a shot at it now.

The best book you're not reading is Jonah Hex.

• MeepMeep 320 Posts
    batman ain't got nothing on cheesehero dude!

• Options
    Cheeshero dude??
    your superhero is neither interesting or amusing
    perhaps you meant powdered toast man
    http://www.angelfire.com/wi/RenStimpy2000/PowderedToastMan.html

now you know the and can stop being a silly

I never understood "comix", give me dc/marvel superheroes. All the artsy/ironic stuff is zzzzzzzz.

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts
    Moon Knight is not bad, but the character just seems like a poor man's Batman. I just picked up reprints of the old series from the 70's & early 80's & they were crappola.

Moon Knight had but one cool run, right around '81-'84, when Sienkiewicz was drawing it. (that said, the "batman copy" accusations do ring true somewhat) But check these covers!

• MeepMeep 320 Posts

I never understood "comix", give me dc/marvel superheroes. All the artsy/ironic stuff is zzzzzzzz.

hah, the inversion of my opinion

• edulusedulus 421 Posts

how about the preacher? or the watchmen? two of my favorites.

id given up on comics for a bit, but once i heard about civil war i got back in and ive been readin some of the x-men's that stracynski (sp?) put out recently between him and genesis....excellent.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    Moon Knight had but one cool run, right around '81-'84, when Sienkiewicz was drawing it.

I liked Sienkewicz' MK. Still got some of those issues somewhere.

Moon Knight had but one cool run, right around '81-'84, when Sienkiewicz was drawing it.

The stories by the end of that run were kinda cool. The best Moon Knight I've seen was by Sienkewicz in this werid publication called "Hulk Magazine". It was a monthly that was in black & white. They ran MK back up stories.

Watchmen was great & I'll read any DC vertigo stuff like Lucifer, Sandman, Swamp Thing, etc...I just don't read stuff like Crumb or many of the indy "comix".

• Lucious_FoxLucious_Fox 2,479 Posts
    The stories by the end of that run were kinda cool. The best Moon Knight I've seen was by Sienkewicz in this werid publication called "Hulk Magazine". It was a monthly that was in black & white. They ran MK back up stories.

THE RAMPAGING HULK - late 70's

I never got into Jonah Hex. But I did try to check the series when he went to the future after Crisis on Infinite Earths. Late 80's.

Yeah, but MK , when written correctly can be his own animal.

DarkKnight = Moon Knight.............yeah whatever.
    Without all the historical baggage that Batman has. Batmite/Batwoman/Ace the Bathound

I never got into Jonah Hex. But I did try to check the series when he went to the future after Crisis on Infinite Earths. Late 80's.

The new Jonah Hex is EXCELLENT. I never read the post crisis hex. The 70' Hex stories had their moments. I miss the western/war/horror/Sci fi anthologies. Some are making comebacks, tho.

The new Jonah Hex is EXCELLENT. The 70' Hex stories had their moments. I miss the western/war/horror/Sci fi anthologies. Some are making comebacks, tho.

How's the art work?

John Byrne took the Demon to the old west during his run on The Demon series. It was alright.

The new Jonah Hex is EXCELLENT. The 70' Hex stories had their moments. I miss the western/war/horror/Sci fi anthologies. Some are making comebacks, tho.

How's the art work?

John Byrne took the Demon to the old west during his run on The Demon series. It was alright.

The art is solid. They've managaed to put out a quality book on all fronts.

How's the art work?

I'll check it. It better not be some Deadwood stuff.

How's the art work?

I'll check it. It better not be some Deadwood stuff.

Take a look:

http://www.dccomics.com/comics/?cm=5447

Here's a proper preview:

http://www.newsarama.com/dcnew/jonahhex/preview_9.html

(The art in issue 9 is by a guest artist)

• rawyouthrawyouth 112 Posts
    When did the last Planetary come out? It must be late at this point, right?

U.S. POST OFFICE STAMPS

• waximilienwaximilien 352 Posts
    how come marvel don't get stamps?? the last major series' i read were zero hour/apocalypse

good shit tho

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts

Let's please not associate such a great comic with such a horrible movie.

My current comic book shit is Planet Hulk.

- spidey

My current comic book shit is Planet Hulk.

You know its just a rehashing of the old Hulk/Jarella dimension.