Alice Coltrane vs. Buddy Guy

The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
edited May 2005 in Strut Central
Discuss...both are African American, never had a hit and play instruments with strings...

Comments

• dsandersdsanders 495 Posts
    I think Buddy would win in a fight - unless he has any major health problems that i'm not aware of. He's played in a lot of Chicago clubs with drunks etc. Alice has been playing spiritual jazz where everyone is peaced out. I don't see any competition there.

• funky16cornersfunky16corners 7,175 Posts
    I think Buddy would win in a fight - unless he has any major health problems that i'm not aware of.

What if Alice whooped him upside the head with a harp? Those things are heavy...

This is true - but I thing that'd be a liability not an advantage.

Alternatively, Alice may have some strange eastern mystical telepathy thing going on, where she could just look at Buddy and he'd just lie down and start crying like a baby, but failing that, i'll still bet on Buddy.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Alice AND Ravi Coltrane vs. Buddy Guy?

• funky16cornersfunky16corners 7,175 Posts
    Alice AND Ravi Coltrane vs. Buddy Guy, Buddy Hackett??? [/b]

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Alice, Ravi, AND Robbie Coltrane vs. Buddys Guy, Hackett, Rich??? [/b]

Buddy Guy and Buddy Rich (pre-death) vs. Ravi & Alice Coltrane would be more fair.

and maybe throw Buddy Emmons and Buddy Bolden in there too.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    Buddy MILES could crush all these cats in one blow with his bare hand.

The really strange thing is that according to some physicists there are an infinite number of parallel universes. So in some of them, those match-ups are probably happening right now.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts

I dont know, Buddy Miles is getting really really big..."wash-myself-with-a-rag-on-a-stick" big...his lack of mobility and speed would be a major handicap.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts

I dont know, Buddy Miles is getting really really big..."wash-myself-with-a-rag-on-a-stick" big...his lack of mobility and speed would be a major handicap.

GETTING big? he looked pretty hefty as it was, back in the day...for him to get any bigger he'd have to be housebound, like one of those guys on the Dick Gregory diet