Ok ,every strutters open opinion on this lp.

shooteralishooterali 1,591 Posts
edited July 2006 in Strut Central
http://cgi.ebay.com/The-CHAPPARRALS-SHAK...1QQcmdZViewItemIs this worth $400, even if it is a private press. I've heard better.

Comments

• noreillenoreille 270 Posts
    Soundclips are very short... Some seem to sound really good, some are definitely not my cup of tea. I guess the LP is awesome overall and worth having. I would not give $ 400 for it (neither for any record on earth...).

Otherwise, I think comparating a record's value and its content's quality is necessary for yourself if you're caressing the idea of buying an expensive one, but an expensive record isn't necessary good (I think we all have tons of examples) while there are so many essential music for very cheap...

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    Is it worth $400 to you?

• schoggischoggi 298 Posts
    i don't like it, totally not my cup of tea! value-wise... always hard to say with privately pressed stuff!

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    a good record. sounds nice, but not 400 usd nice. it sounds more like a 40 usd record. most likely because of the slap bass! haha!

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    To quote Mr. Gabe Roth:

"NEVER, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES "SLAP" OR "POP" THE STRINGS OF A BASS. THIS IS NOT FUNKY AND COOL. IT IS TASTELESS AND EMBARRASSINGLY STUPID."

I love me some slapbass.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

"NEVER, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES "SLAP" OR "POP" THE STRINGS OF A BASS. THIS IS NOT FUNKY AND COOL. IT IS TASTELESS AND EMBARRASSINGLY STUPID."

This should be printed on the Dollar Bill or something. Its THAT IMPORTANT.

Our national anthem should be changed to that this is the first line.

The great wall of china should be called the GREAT WALL OF NEVER, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES "SLAP" OR "POP" THE STRINGS OF A BASS. THIS IS NOT FUNKY AND COOL. IT IS TASTELESS AND EMBARRASSINGLY STUPID, AND CHINA.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    Recently re-reading that Big Daddy article where the quote is from has actually made me go on a slap bass binge when I'm working on beats. It's getting out of hand. Good thing I don't have any Level 42 albums.

Soloface?

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    The track that starts at about 21 seconds has the Heatmakers name all over it.