Curley Moore the Kool Ones (House of the Fox)

DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
edited May 2005 in Strut Central
ok...House of the Fox was Maceo Parker's label right? What's this Blackrock 45 doing on the label? Anyone else have this? SCHOOL ME.

Comments

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Curley Moore single is Eddie Bo I believe

• others here know more but...

-house of the fox was a concern of lelan rogers, owner of the international artists label famous both for bringing the 13th floor elevators to the world and ripping them and others off

-the curly moore single, believe it was a eddie bo session credited to moore?

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    I have heard some shitty rock singles on HOF.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    I met Maceo a couple weeks ago and had him sign a reish of his HOF LP...

When I asked him if he was aware that they still reprinted it (he hadn't seen it in a looooong time) he said "I never made a DIME off this"

He's come a long way... now he's making something like 18K a show as Prince's bandleader

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    He's come a long way... now he's making something like 18K a show as Prince's bandleader

You should have asked him if he thought Prince was better than Brian Wilson.

• funky16cornersfunky16corners 7,175 Posts
    Ditto on Lelan Rogers info (he also ran Silver Fox, and I think there was a Blue Fox label).
    Curly Moore & the Kool Ones was an Eddie Bo project. Eddie has stated multiple times that Curly Moore had nothing to do with the record (this may or may not be true because it does sound like Curly at the beginning). That the music is all Eddie Bo and band is not in dispute.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    Ditto on Lelan Rogers info (he also ran Silver Fox, and I think there was a Blue Fox label).
    Curly Moore & the Kool Ones was an Eddie Bo project. Eddie has stated multiple times that Curly Moore had nothing to do with the record (this may or may not be true because it does sound like Curly at the beginning). That the music is all Eddie Bo and band is not in dispute.

yes there was a blue fox, home of the mighty Calvin Leavy "brought you to the city" 45

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    expect this 45 to double in price over the next 2 weeks.

• funky16cornersfunky16corners 7,175 Posts

As it should be...

• djcoolhandsdjcoolhands 548 Posts

if you need it come here.

dead stock

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts

if you need it come here.
    AYO!

---- opportunist

sorry raj, about to give you $ for ebay anyhow

• chrischris 287 Posts
    -house of the fox was a concern of lelan rogers

aka kenny rogers' brother.

• wow. just picked up this 45 last week. how much does it go for now, as oppose to in 2 weeks?

it has been about a $30 45 for a little while, but supplies have been drying up so I expect it is a bit higher than that.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Soundclip, anyone? Please!

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    Never mind.