Work is making me tired and grumpy.

SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
edited July 2006 in Strut Central
grrrrrrrrrrrr.I have a few projects on my lap, none of them particularly exciting. Makes it really really hard to stare at the monitor and concentrate. And my ipod died. And also, since I'm a lead on one of the projects I'm kinda stressing because I don't really know what I'm doing. I've been feeling really tired when I get home.The project I'm leading officially kicks off next week, and I won't even be here because I have to spend 2 weeks at Wallops Island virginia (read: bumfucking nowhere). Its gonna be hot and humid as fuck, and the mosquitoes are so gnarly that the place I'll be working actually has one as its mascot. There are no bars there and the little gas station stops selling beer at 11 or 12 or something. Is there liquor? I have no idea. People don't even live in the place I'm working, so I have to stay in a town called Pocomoke. jesus... I mean, say it out loud... po-co-moke. I have no idea what I'll do over the weekend.I get to come back for 1 week and get hammered with all the shit i missed while on travel, and the next week my ass is on a plane back to virginia again.The good news- I'm staying in Virgina Beach, which is like a real city with real stores and stuff, and most of the hotels are on the beach.The bad news - my hotel allowance only allows me to stay at places with reviews like "Disgusting", "Don't Stay Here", "Run... Run far away". I finally settled on a hotel with a review that mentioned something about a blood stain on the sheets and some sort of slimy "stuff" on the bathroom walls. NICE.And finally..... my coworkers are just getting on my damn nerves.Thats all. Just felt like bitching for a little bit.

Comments

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    im tired from shopping and eating a delicious hamburger steak and grumpy cos i aint got shit to do at work

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    THWEET

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    THWEET

But yo, I hear you Gary. Work is WORK, otherwise it'd be called super happy fun time or something.

Yeah.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    THWEET

I did just get paid pretty goddam good to post that, so life could be worse.

SCHWEET

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    Im a little bored at work today...no new records came in today. Just threw some japanese CDs up on Ebay and fucked with the web site. Its a little dead in here today. I just tried to kill a fly with some record cleaner...didnt work. Just listening to some old Peter Tosh on Joe Gibbs and giving rockabilly dudes change for the soda machine. Goin to look at a house with my girl after work and then to the grocery store.

Im a little bored at work today...no new records came in today. Just threw some japanese CDs up and Ebay and fucked with the web site. Its a little dead in here today. I just tried to kill a fly with some record cleaner...didnt work. Just listening to some old Peter Tosh on Joe Gibbs and giving rockabilly dudes change for the soda machine. Goin to look at a house with my girl after work and then to the grocery store.

THAT SOUNDS LIKE A DREAM JOB THOUGH

Mole has a similar schedule, methinks.