Paypal Frozen Account Help

MoSSMoSS 458 Posts
edited July 2006 in Strut Central
Anyone out there ever get an e-mail from paypal telling them their account has been frozen? I know there are a few on here. Any chance you could send me a copy of the e-mail (without your personal info) to my PM? I'd really appreciate it. Trying to teach someone who "doesn't beleive me" about paypal since they are new to the internet in general.

Comments

• Most of us get those emails everyday (they're scam emails). Does it say your account is frozen when you actually log into your paypal account?

• MoSSMoSS 458 Posts
    I've never had my account frozen, that's why I'm asking for help.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Don't click on the links. They're fake emails designed to get your password.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    shitty fisher/fake paypal emails are sent out all the time, i get them almost every day. DO NOT click on any link in the email. Just log into your paypal account through your browser(NOT by a link in the email) and check it out. If your account looks fine then you just got some sinister spam. Also just move the arrow over the links in the email, at the bottom of your window it will show the URL that the link goes to...if that link is a bazillion letters long and is along the lines of "http://34.56.7.6.2.3 blah blah blah...." its fake.

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    The term phishing refers to password or personal information harvesting. Phishing scams trick victims into giving them their personal information, such as their social security number, password, or account number. The most common phishing emails claim to be from banks, eBay or Pay Pal. Phishing emails contain a link to a website where you are asked to provide some form of personal information. The website is a fake but it looks official. Phishing is a common form of identity theft. Victims of phishing can face serious financial and credit problems.

Protect Yourself
    If you receive an email requesting personal information, do not reply or click on the link provided in the email. Call your bank, eBay, Pay Pal or whatever institution is named in the email to inform them of the request. Make sure the number you call is correct and not one given within the email. Scammers sometimes use fake toll-free numbers to obtain personal information.

• MoSSMoSS 458 Posts
    I haven't got a fake e-mail either. I'm not worried about my life with paypal actually. The problem is my friend's going to be selling some suspect shit online, and I'm trying to tell him that;

1) Selling suspect shit online is somewhat questionable to begin with

2) If you're going to do it anyhow, don't even consider using paypal because someone's going to pull his card and freeze his account

I assume he'll get frozen either because he'll have repeat customers bi-weekly, he'll make a few grand weekly, or someone will report the goods as not being "as described".

That's why I need frozen account proof. To show this jackass that he's about to spend his time building up an account he won't be able to use anyhow

• DJRELAXDJRELAX 452 Posts
    How bout you let us know what he's selling so we don't buy?

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    How bout you let us know what he's selling so we don't buy?

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    i constantly get emails about my paypal account, and i dont even have one...haha