Comments

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    and mine is better.

and yes. i even plagiarized the description.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Your title didn't include Loner or Psych in it, just private. His included psych in the title. While subtitles are nice, search results don't include what they say in them.

Your title didn't include Loner or Psych in it, just private. His included psych in the title. While subtitles are nice, search results don't include what they say in them.

Doh! I was high when I listed it.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    What Popsike has accentuated and I've noticed in our "worldwide" record market is the fact that Euro sellers will continually get higher prices over their American counterparts, I'm guessing because of proximity to the buyer, who are mainly Europeans as well.

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    Ouch... that's a bummer.

Psych is such a necessary title word, especially right now when the categories are all screwed up. Is everyone getting that? None of the categories show up, everything is in Other. I'm a little worried about my batch of auctions ending today.

Somebody just emailed and offered 5 for it. I'm gonna repost it though. Greedy?

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Somebody just emailed and offered 5 for it. I'm gonna repost it though. Greedy?

Truth is that it only takes two nuts to bring a big price on ebay. Once one of the nuts has the LP and there's no one left to bid with nut #2 price goes down the tube. That plus the somewhat recent re-issue of the LP hipped a lot of people to the music and it's not every psych heads cup of tea.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    TAKE THE $500

• noreillenoreille 270 Posts
    Don't forget eBay can also be some bullshit price guide... Nobody did outbid me, that doesn't mean this 45 is worth less than $ 3... Check it while it's still fresh:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=45536&item=4873346900

You can also sell usual records for big money... In this game there's no rule, just estimations and possibility to get lucky or not...

Actually. I'm not dying to sell it. I like the record a lot.

I got 8 on the reserve. I'm gonna try again. I think thenon is right. I screwed up on the listing.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    reserves sometimes act like a bidder repellent

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Or proof that record prices are unstable.

I would wait until September to relist.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    I honestly don't think not having the word "psych" in the title mattered. Like some guy that just randomly does vauge keyword searches is the one who's gonna drop a thousand bucks on a record. I think not. There's a ton of things that factor in here that are not apparent in a popsike search. I mean, Fatback selling one rare record on eBay is a completely different animal than well known Mr. Pakora Psych dealer with an insane list of shit like this up all at once. He's gonna get double what you'd get every time.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    word Frank I just realized that you only listed that one item... that is going to interfere with your top dollar asking price for sure...

also, popsike does not = value, just one moment in time

I would take the five hundo.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    It's alsp a terrible time to sell. Not quite sure if most psych collectors are euros, but if they are, they are in on "Holiday."

I don't really have anything else to list with it butcept some bullshit FMP records.

• MoSSMoSS 458 Posts
    I was involved in bidding on a record like this before and lost. A week later, the guy who won e-mailed me and offered it to me at 15% less than what he won it for because he wanted to put it to CDR and that's it. I got it. It wasn't what I thought (kind of folky) so I sold it to a well known euro collector becayse he was third on the bidding history behind me for about 10% less than what I paid. He then sold it to the next guy because I contacted him a few weeks later to get it back for a friend. Anyhow, the point in there were 5 people who put that lp into that price range. 4 of us now had it/heard it and no longer cared. That let's the fifth guy come in and get the lp for $10 next time on Ebay because nobody else cares.

ALRIGHT!

Who's the fucking prankster?

Dear beylotte
    Hi,I want this LP very much.
    But I live in japan.
    Could you sent from US to Japan this?
    If you can sent,I bid right now!
    Thank you!

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    I don't really have anything else to list with it butcept some bullshit FMP records.

time for a consignment?

I was involved in bidding on a record like this before and lost. A week later, the guy who won e-mailed me and offered it to me at 15% less than what he won it for because he wanted to put it to CDR and that's it. I got it. It wasn't what I thought (kind of folky) so I sold it to a well known euro collector becayse he was third on the bidding history behind me for about 10% less than what I paid. He then sold it to the next guy because I contacted him a few weeks later to get it back for a friend. Anyhow, the point in there were 5 people who put that lp into that price range. 4 of us now had it/heard it and no longer cared. That let's the fifth guy come in and get the lp for $10 next time on Ebay because nobody else cares.

That's why I tell someone who asks me for a CD-R copy of big dollar record I outbid them on to hug a fucking turd.

We need to keep certain markets inflated. So the price of actual good records will go down.

• youngEINSTEINyoungEINSTEIN 2,443 Posts
    lets be truthfull. any website with the work "sike" in the name cannot be the real.
    peace, stein. . .

• HAZBEENHAZBEEN 564 Posts
    You got the 8 bills which is not too far from the popsike listing. Not bad considering you're selling during a seasonal downtime on ebay.

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    yeah dude $800 is a huge improvement, I'd be pretty damn happy with that.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts

dude, let's say you paid $8 for the record at the estate sale. You made 10000% profit on that bitch. I don't know how you can still be "ehh"

• fredfadesfredfades 584 Posts
    i`ll bet the guy who bought this one for 1005 will feel pimped to death if he sees this thread.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    popsike is wonderful.

I don't know how you can still be "ehh"

I be greedy like that.

• 4YearGraduate4YearGraduate 2,945 Posts
    there is no greater proof:

http://www.popsike.com/php/detaildata.php?itemnr=4714342653

btw, i got one for sale at the discounted price of 5354.75
    pm please if interested, M-, nice gloss, bid with confidence.