Throwing away 1000s of records.

MikeRockwellMikeRockwell 3 Posts
edited July 2006 in Strut Central
I have about 15000 records that I have got from old sellers or just grabbed from thrift shops. I am going through and listening to what I feel, and throwing away what I don't feel. I don't know anything about what's rare (although I doubt I have any), but if anyone is in the GA area, send me a pm.If this is the wrong forum, sorry, I am not trying to sell anything. I am an old member here, but the "send pw" function didn't work. It took like 3 days for this name to be approved.

Comments

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Password function works now.

• Old name 'rockwell', I requested after seeing post, and haven't received anything in email.

I guess it takes a while.

Anyway, I also just through out a bunch of old "the source" mags from like 91-98. Kind of felt funny doing that, because I am a pack rat (???), but time to clean up I guess.

Eh.

• tuneuptuneup 586 Posts
    wish i was down your way to come and get your castaways....

however, for the sake of all those who ARE in your neighbourhood, DON'T throw things away. Even your old Source magazines are of value to folks, so let the local strutters get on it before you dump 'em. Nice of you to open it up to everyone.....definitely a good look in your direction.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Ah no doubt.

I also got about 250 old rap cassettes (80s-95), and CD's I no longer want.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    Anyway, I also just through out a bunch of old "the source" mags from like 91-98.

threw*

sp check

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    Im not sayin you're lying or even that you dont have 15000, but its always been my experience that whenever someone says they have that many records, its closer to 2 or 3000

anyways, i would love to come see this if I lived close

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Man, please give all this stuff to a thrift or something if you can't find someone to take it off your hands... I hate to see stuff like this go to waste, esp when one doesn't even know what they're getting rid of.

• wooshiewooshie 490 Posts

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Man, please give all this stuff to a thrift or something if you can't find someone to take it off your hands... I hate to see stuff like this go to waste, esp when one doesn't even know what they're getting rid of.

Nah, throw it away/use the covers for mailing. Seriously, I'd rather not see millions of non raers and bad crap in thrifts. Just sayin.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    I don't know anything about what's rare

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts

damn the audience looked bored as shit. but they got hyped when he was done!

sike. wassup roy!

man, hold on to those records and get rockadelic to look through them on his upcoming road trip. get your inter-thread connex game up, hommie!!!

• Let me rephrase, it's a lot of records, and a lot more than 2-3000. Military, so after our last move I didn't even open half the load. Stacked in the closets.

I can't give an exact number, but I wish it was 2-3000, it would make my listening and picking the albums I live (via the music), much easier.

Excuse the mess, I am cleaning and moving shit to create more space. I had a heavy bag (boxing) and about 20 other boxes in the corner prior to this photo (I just moved them today). I am right in the middle of cleaning, which is why I made the post and came here.

• CueCue 26 Posts
    He's bound to have something decent in there, but it's like a needle in a haystack. Just sell off 100 here and 100 there every few weeks. Everytime you leave your house for an errand just pile 100 records in the back seat and drop them off somewhere. But, if you don't have time like that give them to family or a thrift store like someone said above. Have you listened to half of those?

• shitzrshitzr 648 Posts
    i had to move out about 2000 records that i had stored in my parents garage. i threw a garage sale before that and made $500+ off common records that i didn't want.

so i understand that you're pressed for time and all, but if you have about 3 hours to spare for selling a part of that huge collection, it's well worth it.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    Let me rephrase, it's a lot of records, and a lot more than 2-3000. Military, so after our last move I didn't even open half the load.
    Are you at Ft. Benning?

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    I already spot some fire in those pics.

You missed this fire...

Robins AFB. I am still listening now, major weight cut here, moving end of Sept.

So you right by Macon? Warner Robbins, right?

Send me a PM.

Yup. Please send the PM, I am going to contact anyone who pmed me when I am ready to toss.

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    from the pics, Im estimating around 3000.

• shooteralishooterali 1,591 Posts
    Yo, I live in Georgia let me get at those records. I'm up here in Atlanta.