Welfare Poets

BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
edited May 2005 in Strut Central
Anyone heard these guys? I quite getting into the CD, which I think is dropping as an LP right about now. At first I thought some of the lyrics were a bit cheezy because of the overtly political vibe, but shit, someone has to do it, and they do it well. First track manages to rhyme "trilateral commission". Deep.Plus they can do it live with instruments. Grooves are tight.It's nothing like Edan, but worth checking fo sho.

Comments

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Anyone heard these guys? I quite getting into the CD, which I think is dropping as an LP right about now. At first I thought some of the lyrics were a bit cheezy because of the overtly political vibe, but shit, someone has to do it, and they do it well. First track manages to rhyme "trilateral commission". Deep.

Plus they can do it live with instruments. Grooves are tight.

It's nothing like Edan, but worth checking fo sho.

I opened up and closed for them at a little venue in third ward, tx. They gave em a cd, but I got pretty thowed and I never saw it after that night. The bassist said he was a studio player for the RZA.

The flow is eh.. but the content is what really got me. I haven't heard anything since that night (almost a year ago), but I'm still curious about these cats.

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    its not too bad. My homie Monte Smith is doing similar stuff, but a bit more hard hitting - not for everyone though. he has done some tracks with DJ Vadim, may be working with Saigon, and doing some stuff with Breez Evahflowin.

• 33: gosh.. really enjoyed that one.. some real talent..