Buying from Apple.com (mac related)

Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
edited July 2006 in Strut Central
Dudes/dudettes:Who here have bought merchandise from Apple.com in the past? This past Friday, I ordered a MacBook from them. The status shows that it will ship by the 25th. WTF???It's going to take that long to ship a laptop or am I overreacting?Let me know what were your experiences with the website.Thanks,-M

Comments

• Man, the record fast treated you good!

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    Man, the record fast treated you good!
    No doubt!

• sonofsamsonofsam 680 Posts
    Dudes/dudettes:
    Who here have bought merchandise from Apple.com in the past? This past Friday, I ordered a MacBook from them. The status shows that it will ship by the 25th. WTF???
    It's going to take that long to ship a laptop or am I overreacting?

Let me know what were your experiences with the website.

i bought an ibook from there about a year ago, and it literally took 3 business days to get to me... that sounds kinda long

Dudes/dudettes:
    Who here have bought merchandise from Apple.com in the past? This past Friday, I ordered a MacBook from them. The status shows that it will ship by the 25th. WTF???
    It's going to take that long to ship a laptop or am I overreacting?

Let me know what were your experiences with the website.

i bought an ibook from there about a year ago, and it literally took 3 business days to get to me... that sounds kinda long

I hope I get it like that.

This Dell is burning my ass.

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    I imagine the farther you live from Cupertino, the longer it will take. Did you mega customize? Can't see why it would take so long unless they are behind in production.

I imagine the farther you live from Cupertino, the longer it will take. Did you mega customize? Can't see why it would take so long unless they are behind in production.
    Where's Cupertino?

No, I didn't go all out. I just spent money on the base model.

• PSellersPSellers 157 Posts
    Yeah my imac g5 from apple.co.uk took quite a little while (something like 2 weeks?) this was when they first came out though. Another thing was they kept phoning me when I wasn't in delaying the process a little more, so be sure to give alternative number or something if you can.

Yeah my imac g5 from apple.co.uk took quite a little while (something like 2 weeks?) this was when they first came out though. Another thing was they kept phoning me when I wasn't in delaying the process a little more, so be sure to give alternative number or something if you can.
    Duly noted.

• sonofsamsonofsam 680 Posts
    maybe i just got lucky?... is cupertino in california?... i live in north carolina, and i had the hard drive upgraded... i ordered it on a friday morning, and it came on the next wednesday

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    Cupertino is in Silicon Valley. It's where they shipped my G4 from. Took a little longer because of all the upgrades (ram, drive, etc.)

My girl just ordered us two laptops. Her's will ship immediately because she had no upgrades. Just ship the box and bam. Probably be here ma??ana. Mine has a ram upgrade so it'll ship in a couple of days.

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts
    are the apple laptops made in cupertino? or do they distribute from there? i was under the impression that they were put together in taiwan?

as for the shipping, if youre rocking the free shipping option then itll take a while... i think its fedex ground, but if you do supe your macbook up, it will take longer.

ive had my powerbook for a little more then 4 years now and it never gave me any buyers remorse.
    -rich

I got that 2-3 day shipping but as of now, still no confirmation.
    WTF???

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    the low end macbook is the best selling mac model right now, so supply is always constrained. Shipping is super fast w/ apple, so if there's a delay, then it's a supply issue. Trust me, it'll be worth the wait, the macbook is one of the best models apple has put out in eons.

It'll only get worst as "back to school" season ramps up.

• ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts
    Hehehe... just chill... Apple isn't Dell. Like aser said, the macbook is popular, and new too.

You will be stoked when it arrives, trust me. I'm still using a 15" G4 powerbook I bought 2 1/2 years ago and it's my lifeblood for everything, from school to recreation to work. It's paid for itself many times over.

The iMac line is killer; they just put out a new 17" iMac for $899 (academic pricing). The config is a little stunted, but still, dual intel chipset and nice 17" LCD screen for that cheap? Not bad.

The 20" version is where it's at tho. My wife just got one, it's in the other room however.... I want it on MY desk!

Word. Now, I can take my hyper ass to sleep.

• sergserg 682 Posts
    man the girlfriend bought a refurbed G5, was suppose to ship in 3 months for some reason but we got it within 2-3 days. Still don't know why they had that crazy advance date for shipping