what's THE summer jam 2006?

Mongo_SladeMongo_Slade 999 Posts
edited July 2006 in Strut Central
kids on my block really like "I Know You See It" and "Snap Yo Fingers". for real, i've got five year-olds walking past the house singing those things.

Comments

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    kids on my block really like "I Know You See It" and "Snap Yo Fingers". for real, i've got five year-olds walking past the house singing those things.

"Snap Ya Fangaz"

and

"It's Goin' Down"

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    "It's Goin' Down"

No need for anyone else to post.

You know what else is the jam?

That Cassie "Me & You"

What they need to do--since she sings like a robot--is throw Lloyd Banks on the remix to bring that mummy-rap flavor.

You know what else is the jam?
    That Cassie "Me & You"
    What they need to do--since she sings like a robot--is throw Lloyd Banks on the remix to bring that ALIEN-rap flavor.

That song is trash.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    "It's Goin' Down"

I agree with this.
    Which ss member is best at 'joc-in'

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    I spend all my time traveling around the SE and Crazy is ubiquitous. I hate on it, but it's growing on me. I think it's approaching Hay Ya status. Maybe not really what ya'll mean by a Summer Jam?

Has anyone picked up that Source 200th? I hate to admit it, but I was hurrying through the airport the other day and grabbed it. First, it's thin...almost the size of a large pamphlet. Second, the actual content is a joke.

The Source has suck for a while now, but it is over if this is the best they can do for a 200th.

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    sexyback. im sure its not YOUR summer jam, but a million screaming timberlake fans can't be wrong.

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts

i don't know about the rest of the country, but here in az "u & dat" is getting crazy play. my personal favorite is "it's goin down", and i like "blow the whistle" and "snap yo fingers" too, but my special lady friend is all about "u & dat".

• My personal summer fave so far is the Hyphy Juice remix....

sure it's

so sue me _

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    sexyback. im sure its not YOUR summer jam, but a million screaming timberlake fans can't be wrong.

well my view was muddied by noz's blog rant before i even knew what that song was. and that new timberlake is the really bad.

• djstefdjstef 534 Posts
    "It's Goin' Down"
    Which ss member is best at 'joc-in'

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    The Pak - Vans The kids here are nuts about it.

• jazzman21jazzman21 287 Posts
    Speaking of Hyphy, how bout that E40 and T-Pain.

• "It's Goin' Down"

"It's Goin' Down" still pops, but when "I Know You See It" drops, people lose their shit way more. Maybe it's just a Bay thing, but I think it'll do more just b/c of the sing-along value.

"Blow the Whistle" still kills out here, too.

"It's Goin' Down"

"It's Goin' Down" still pops, but when "I Know You See It" drops, people lose their shit way more. Maybe it's just a Bay thing, but I think it'll do more just b/c of the sing-along value.

"Blow the Whistle" still kills out here, too.

Do Whistle and Ikonwuseeit get play on all the radio stations there. I cant turn on a station here in NYC w/out hearin the JOC song. Shit is like Macarena.

• sonofsamsonofsam 680 Posts
    "it's going down" is the champ right now, but the beckys are still fiending for "promiscuous girl"... they start lining up at the booth at about 10:15 every night to ask for it, and make their pouty faces when i tell them i'm not going to play it until a little later ("but it's caitlin's birthday, and we are probably leaving soon!") ... but the whole place just explodes when young joc drops

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Promiscuous Girl is such a steaming terd...and not just for Nelly Furtado.

I almost can't believe that there are people on this board who consider that as a candidate for beat of the year.

Total garbation.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    How many "summer jam" posts does it take to screw in a light bulb?

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

Five.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts

Five.

oh, so youve already heard this one.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

You don't like U & Dat, but Gettin' Some is a "classic"???

[color:green]U Took the words right outta my mouth [/color]

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

Five.

oh, so youve already heard this one.

For real, "U & Dat" is far from my favorite cut on the 40 record, but "Gettin' Some" is so bad that I will change the station to avoid listening to it.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

[color:green]U Took the words right outta my mouth [/color]
    You must be kidding
    Gettin Some >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> U&Dat

Too $hort >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> T Pain

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    "Gettin' Some" is so bad that I will change the station to avoid listening to it.

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    "it's going down" is the champ right now, but the beckys are still fiending for "promiscuous girl"... they start lining up at the booth at about 10:15 every night to ask for it, and make their pouty faces when i tell them i'm not going to play it until a little later ("but it's caitlin's birthday, and we are probably leaving soon!") ... but the whole place just explodes when young joc drops

damn, it's like we're living parralell lives

"Gettin' Some" is so bad that I will change the station to avoid listening to it.

Deej, you are in your own little world--that record is awful.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

Deej, you are in your own little world--that record is awful.
    WTF are you talking about 'own little world,' it was a massive hit. Do you go to clubs? Its a great track, pitch-perfect production, hook, rapping, lack of t-pain...everything you want on a dancefloor rap anthem.