Did I Screw Up Today?? (ROHIT Label)

RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
edited July 2006 in Strut Central
Was at a Thrift today flipping through a bunch of new arrivals and I came across about 12 discs on the ROHIT label....all 12" Singles and EP's.....after I flipped by them dude swoops in and picks up the whole stack and buys em all.....I found one more and grabbed it just to find out how badly I screwed up by not buying them all....braek it to me gently.....below is the one I managed to grab.

Comments

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    Was at a Thrift today flipping through a bunch of new arrivals and I came across about 12 discs on the ROHIT label....all 12" Singles and EP's.....after I flipped by them dude swoops in and picks up the whole stack and buys em all.....I found one more and grabbed it just to find out how badly I screwed up by not buying them all....braek it to me gently.....below is the one I managed to grab.

that one is so so curry soca
    (although i LOVE "curry tabanka" on the flip & the f-d up cover art, still a hard sell)

i knew ol jagasar rohit,
    he had a few reggae re-issues,
    very bad east-west soca,
    straight up soco
    & some gawd awful ace cannon/tim shondell stuff
    only one or 2 titles out of hundreds that would atract major scratch
    & they are not good to listen
    but have collectro status
    (patterson new jersey/bullwackie/upsetter/marley related)

so you most likely dodged a bullet
    (as in tepids that won't move in the bargain box)

ps - i have tons of rohit, if you need, so you don't feel left out

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

that one is so so curry soca
    (although i LOVE "curry tabanka" on the flip & the f-d up cover art, still a hard sell)

i knew ol jagasar rohit,
    he had a few reggae re-issues,
    very bad east-west soca,
    straight up soco
    & some gawd awful ace cannon/tim shondell stuff
    only one or 2 titles out of hundreds that would atract major scratch
    & they are not good to listen
    but have collectro status
    (patterson new jersey/bullwackie/upsetter/marley related)

so you most likely dodged a bullet
    (as in tepids that won't move in the bargain box)

ps - i have tons of rohit, if you need, so you don't feel left out

Cool....would have been a rubber bullet though as they were $0.50 a piece....but happy to avoid the tepidness nonetheless.

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    i've never heard anything i liked on the label (which isn't to say that there might be something redeeming).
    mainly early to mid 80's soca doo doo. i can really dig some early calypso, but just can't get with most soca. the synths are always so out of key or up front in the mix.

and now one for you- prog group called babylon on Mehum music?

HI TIM!
    bought an abner jay a couple weeks ago and thought of you.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    i've never heard anything i liked on the label (which isn't to say that there might be something redeeming).
    mainly early to mid 80's soca doo doo. i can really dig some early calypso, but just can't get with most soca. the synths are always so out of key or up front in the mix.

HI TIM!

Babylon cover always seems to have bad ring wear....from Florida and has too many keyboards for my taste.....pretty boring Symphonic Prog to my ears.....a nice copy would be $60-$100

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts

HI TIM!

Babylon cover always seems to have bad ring wear....from Florida and has too many keyboards for my taste.....pretty boring Symphonic Prog to my ears.....a nice copy would be $60-$100

thanks for the info.
    yep, dead on- ringwear.
    can't say i listened to it or even plan to.
    not a big prog fan.
    but for $.99 one can't complain.

if you're down in austin for work before the end of august, let's try to get together for lunch.