TOP 5 CELL PHONES AND PLAN'S

SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
edited July 2006 in Strut Central
so far the best unlimites is cricket mobile 45.0-30.00 second would be amp'd 99.99 unlimited minutes. i actually wanted to see what the fam had overall in minutes and more important to me would be reception for the most part. i have been with nextel for years but ever since the merger it has gone to shit with sprint. i have a blackberry but has really gone to shit to. not happy with it and am looking for a new phone and plan. so if you can please post some info on what people have overall with the plans and company's. thecraftbeats

Comments

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    I have an unlimited city plan (Fido GSM BIATCHES!!!) for $45 Canadian. It's not available anymore and I get people once in a blue moon trying to buy it off me.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    I have a blackberry and I don't really like it but immediate email bounce is

I have Cingular but I have the minimum plan... because I am at the shop all day I use the landline mostly and plus... I have rollover minutes! Anything I don't use gets shifted to the next month right now I have like a 500 minute surplus.

Service is very good, better than sprint, t-mobile (from what I see and have been told), slightly better than Verizon although maybe not when travelling, it seems like Verizon had better service when I am out in the middle of nowhere.

• chasechase 767 Posts
    down south we have metro pcs, unlimited minutes, text, pic, for $45 a month no contract..

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    well looks like ima go with the 45 a month for unlimited minutes. gonna try the razor phone. people say that it a piece of crap but i'm gonna try and see whats up.

thecraftbeats

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts
    cricket mobile

this is a real company? in texas?

Now, when all you say $45 a month... that's that? I mean, my plan is supposed to be fifty-somethin a month but they tack on all these bullshit fees every month and it's turns out being closer to $75-80. There're all itemized on every bill and I still don't know what the fuck I'm paying for...? Anyone else gettin the hidden fee shaft from Verizon?

But I will say that Verizon has never disappointed me with their network. I can be in Deliverence, Oklahoma and the signal is as strong as ever. T-Mobile on the other hand can hardly get reception in the suburbs.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    T-Mobile on the other hand can hardly get reception in the suburbs.
    True.
    T-Mobile gets the gasface.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    T-Mobile on the other hand can hardly get reception in the suburbs.
    True.

T-Mobile gets the gasface.

Yes. T-Mobile is very sucky but then again work pays for my cel phone bill.

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    I've got Cingular: 2 lines for $80 month, plus $10 for 100 text messages. I'm not sure of our minutes per month, but the minutes roll over, we've had the service for 1.5 years, and never went over. So we're paying about $45/phone for pretty much unlimited local & longdistance domestic calling. Not bad. Reception drops out in some places while on the road, but overall it seems to be as good as any other service.

I desperately need a new phone though.

• chasechase 767 Posts

Now, when all you say $45 a month... that's that? I mean, my plan is supposed to be fifty-somethin a month but they tack on all these bullshit fees every month and it's turns out being closer to $75-80. There're all itemized on every bill and I still don't know what the fuck I'm paying for...? Anyone else gettin the hidden fee shaft from Verizon?

comes out to be like 49+tax..

• sonofsamsonofsam 680 Posts
    Anyone else gettin the hidden fee shaft from Verizon?

yes, big time... i never know what the fuck i'm paying for, i don't understand the bill at all, and i pay way more than what i thought i was agreeing to... that said, my shit WORKS at all times, so i pretty much just pay them whatever they tell me lol... i had nextel for 2 years, and it was the most frustrating shit ever