Bobby Darin Born Walden Robert Cassotto

tuneuptuneup 586 Posts
edited July 2006 in Strut Central
This is a very good record....I do not usually like the dulcet tones of the Darin Machine, but prompted by the film which i watched over a year ago, i figured i'd give it a shot when i got it in a load of records that just came in. I'd like to know if anyone else is feeling this LP!!

Comments

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts

this is the one i play the most

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    I dig both of those LP's but my fave stuff by Darin are some non-LP 45's on Direction.

Too bad my least favorite actor in the world played him on the big screen.

• tuneuptuneup 586 Posts
    So I should check the Carpenter Lp too huh??? Ok cool...and the Direction B sides....ok double cool....

no love for the Spacey...eh Rock??

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    So I should check the Carpenter Lp too huh??? Ok cool...and the Direction B sides....ok double cool....

bobby covers tim harden
    not small faces
    but still good

i think rock got creeped out from "Seven" & "American Beauty" & "Usual Suspects"

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

bobby covers tim harden
    not small faces
    but still good

i think rock got creeped out from "Seven" & "American Beauty" & "Usual Suspects"

.....and "K-Pax" & "L.A. Confidential" & "Midnight In The Garden Of Good And Evil" &................

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    This is a very good record....

I do not usually like the dulcet tones of the Darin Machine, but prompted by the film which i watched over a year ago, i figured i'd give it a shot when i got it in a load of records that just came in.

I'd like to know if anyone else is feeling this LP!!

I don't own this album, but I once borrowed it from the college radio station I used to deejay at...Darin was a seriously underrated folk-rock performer, and it's too bad his lounge-singer image prevented the hipsters from taking him seriously. Sure, one of his last hit singles was with a Tim Hardin song ("If I Were A Carpenter"), but then again Hardin nearly had a hit with one of DARIN'S songs ("Simple Song Of Freedom"), so it all evened out.

Does that album have "Baby May?" I have this song on one of his Direction 45's, and this one is really good as well.

This album here is the Bobby Darin folk-rock album I have:

Some of you may have seen this LP advertised on old Atlantic innersleeves. It's not good all the way through, but it does hit the mark every now & then.