quincy jones

DJ_PhillieDJ_Phillie 199 Posts
edited May 2005 in Strut Central
yo, I'm watching this documentary on WB's African Heritage Network...and it's ill as fuck...but I don't know the name of it. It's been on for awhile now and I'm about to go to work so I'm gonna miss most of it. Anybody know what the name of it is or if it'll be aired again. I need to get this on tape or something.Big Daddy Kane's in it, and SEVERAL artists...studio footage and everything.I must know more about it.

Comments

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    yo, I'm watching this documentary on WB's African Heritage Network...and it's ill as fuck...but I don't know the name of it. It's been on for awhile now and I'm about to go to work so I'm gonna miss most of it. Anybody know what the name of it is or if it'll be aired again. I need to get this on tape or something.

Big Daddy Kane's in it, and SEVERAL artists...studio footage and everything.

I must know more about it.

It's called Listen Up[/b], if it's the same one I'm thinking. Mid-90's or so?

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    If this is the one that is the Doc of his life and talks about his ruff child hood etc........then I must say it's one of the greatest Documentaries ever.

Just cought it by chance like you saying and I was really moved.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    read this

does'nt even begin to say.

• DJ_PhillieDJ_Phillie 199 Posts
    If this is the one that is the Doc of his life and talks about his ruff child hood etc........then I must say it's one of the greatest Documentaries ever.

Just cought it by chance like you saying and I was really moved.

yes, sounds just like what I say. Does anyone know the name of it and if it is available for sale. I hate television, but this was a good watch, and I must see the whole thing.

And yo, I think I'm gonna get that Quincy biography...man was a musical genius.

• dayday 9,611 Posts

Does anyone know the name of it and if it is available for sale.

It's called Listen Up[/b], if it's the same one I'm thinking. Mid-90's or so?

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/6302066905/102-0069136-1145710?v=glance

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts
    read this

does'nt even begin to say.

to say the least, dude was not spoiled when growing up.