edited July 2006 in Strut Central
Soulman 6Higher HieghtsCoolinDo What You Gotta DoSoulman's New Soul Gang Bang 2

Comments

• they are all

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts
    Drugs

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    well I guess I gotta chime in on this one-

1. Drugs (the only mix I ever did that came out TOTALLY like I wanted it to)
    2. 2001 Spaced Oddities
    3. Coolin' (has turned out to be like my best selling cd as far as direct sales... go figure)
    4. Neva Stop Diggin' (although I grimace whenever I listen to this because I know I could've done some things different that would've made it better. Very pleased with the Brainfreeze rip off / homage segment though)
    5. Soulman Plays The Hits (my last "name that sample" mix... trust me, I will never do another one)

honorable mention: "A Whole New Way Of Walking" (as of yet unreleased, but maybe coming soon, who knows)

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts

2. 2001 Spaced Oddities

• spcspc 534 Posts
    Drugs.

• pencilfacepencilface 674 Posts
    where can i get hold of any of these badboys?? i was checking the worldofbeats website and all the tapes look incedible... any where stil stock them? ...to ship to uk...

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    1. World Of Beats 2 (thanks Phil for sending this to me when I worked for Bomb Hip-Hop Magazine, it's what got me to take diggin' seriously)
    2. Coolin
    3. Never Stop Diggin'
    4. Soulman Plays The Hits
    5. Higher Heights

where can i get hold of any of these badboys?? i was checking the worldofbeats website and all the tapes look incedible... any where stil stock them? ...to ship to uk...

BUY THEM FROM MEEEEEEEEE[/b]

pencilface, you seem to be new to the soulstrut universe, so I will let you in on a secret- I AM SOULMAN. I will PM you with ordering infos.

And no matter where you live... US, UK, USSR, UCLA, you get-

• waximilienwaximilien 352 Posts
    yo phill, you still in touch with mike van olden? to my knowledge your piece is the only thing on him in existence anywhere

yo phill, you still in touch with mike van olden? to my knowledge your piece is the only thing on him in existence anywhere

No, haven't heard from Mike in a long time. We had a little falling out many years ago but if I remember correctly we did make peace. It's been so long ago I don't even remember what it was all about. I believe there were a couple of other interviews that Mike did back when he was doing his thing with Ubiquity (going by the name "Fish" I think it was?). I'm pretty sure my man Mhat at Phat Drumloops interviewed him, and I think some magazines did as well. Dude was nice with the rock drumbreaks, he put me up on a gang of stuff I didn't know about back then.

• waximilienwaximilien 352 Posts
    word - fishgulish. he did the circuit breaks comps for them for a while. i'll look out that mhat interview, thanks man. mad props on WoB btw - i've been reading and re-reading those interviews for years now

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,890 Posts

honorable mention: "A Whole New Way Of Walking" (as of yet unreleased, but maybe coming soon, who knows)

Yes, plaese to release this

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts

Phill,

I don't care if you "release" this or not, just make sure you send Big Chan Dog a CD of it! LOL!

Phill,

I don't care if you "release" this or not, just make sure you send Big Chan Dog a CD of it! LOL!

You know i gotcha, big hommie. I would not wantcha to go settin' my shoes on or anything! LOL!!!!!!!!!!

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts
    yeah dudeski, just put the first 15 minutes online & you'll have everyone mouthwatering in no time

I've gotten a few PMs about the cds, so anybody who's interested in the back catalog can get all info on how to order over here:

Soulman CDs

You don't have to click on that link, but if you do you may see some tittays, that's all I gots to say.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts

Phill,

You know i gotcha, big hommie. I would not wantcha to go settin' my shoes on or anything! LOL!!!!!!!!!!

My dude! I would never set your shoes on fire mayne. Burn marks on the kicks would not match the throwbacks!

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    1)neva stop
    2)coolin
    3)drugs
    4)plays the hits
    5)meatrack

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Choice Cuts was dope too ....

and Highest Pleasure ....

and Vol 2 ......

oh yeah !....and Do what you gotta do

quit fuckin around and drop some new shit Phillllll .....

sayin