News Flash: Will I Am says B.E.P. not hip-hop

mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
edited July 2006 in Strut Central
http://www.vibe.com/news/news_headlines/2006/07/william_says_hip_hop_is_angry_negative_musicWill.I.Am Says Hip Hop is Angry, Negative MusicBy: Mark LelinwallaJuly 12, 2006Will.I.Am wants to distance his Black Eyed Peas from hip hop.Despite admitting to have started out as a hip hop act, Will.I.Am says the genre of music is not what it used to be."When you compare it to today's standards of what hip hop is ... don't even call it that, cause that's like, an insult,??? the Black Eyed Peas frontman said via a press release statement. "Today's hip hop is just angry, negative music that just makes black people look bad."Despite his latest comments, Will.I.Am did recite the hook on Busta Rhymes??? smash single, ???I Love My Chick.???He also appeared with the likes of Busta, Eminem, Missy Elliot, Papoose and Lloyd Banks onstage for a televised live performance of the song at the BET Awards.The remix to the Peas' "My Humps," also featured Lil' Jon

Comments

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts

• That's OK. They barely qualify as music anyway....

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    hip hop is just angry, negative music that just makes black people look bad."

--> Eminem

it's definitely not Eminems fault! haha!

Busta Rhymes??? smash single, ???I Love My Chick.???

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Will.I.Am did recite the hook on Busta Rhymes??? smash single[/b], ???I Love My Chick.???

Please be serious.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Will.I.Am did recite the hook on Busta Rhymes??? smash single[/b], ???I Love My Chick.???

Please be serious.

Stop hatin'! That single is a smash with "Mr. & Mrs. Smith" fans like Oliver everywhere!

Sidenote: Yung Joc--whose album actually came out first--outsold Busta by 10K this week. Thanks for bringing NY back, Bussa-bus!

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    wow, that's rich on so many levels.

what exactly does that make BEP? Lame, irritating, positive music that makes white people feel good?

Doesn't the real version of Busta's "smash single" contain the word "Bitch?" Did Will sing that? If so, then he wins the pot-calls-the-kettle-black award.

let's all say it together.....

• DrJoelDrJoel 932 Posts
    i wish i was Sprite Commercial famous so i could put out journal-entry press releases to get my name floating around. Was his press release even in regards to anything or he just felt like letting people know his opinion?

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts

When Ken Lay and his buddies stole all that money, I didn't start distrusting all white people. Will.I.Am needs to fall back.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    BEP post #287483.

STOP.

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    Someone please send KRS-One down to throw them off the stage.

• izm707izm707 1,107 Posts
    i knew that XXL quote would dmake noise at one moment or another...when i read it i tought he made it on purpose. Because coming from a dude who had replaced a black member by a white girl coming out of Betty Ford center, from a dude who enrolled a dead-walking indian dude that does nothing but wearing ugly pants and executing ugly dances, from a dude that barely writes, composes and orchestrates and blah blah blah on his own so he can cash all the royalties but still people believe it's a band, from a dude that asked to produce Nas next LP, asked Sergio Mendes to collaborate, did a single called "I love my bitch" but didn't have the balls to assume the position, well, it don't MATTER.