employees that irritate you

Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
edited July 2006 in Strut Central
The work e-mail threads got me on a train of thought.Their are a couple of folks that I work w/ that I CANNOT STAND.Well, only one in particular.Everytime I'm in the middle of something, ol' boy want to come around with his lame jokes. I wish dude would leave me alone.To add insult to injury, he lives a couple of doors away from me. So you know he makes it his business to disturb me and continue to talk about shit in which I don't particularly care for.Who are some people that you're not feeling in the workplace??

Comments

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    Est*la: you are talking to someone and she quietly approaches the scene and just stands close enough to listen and make faces according to the conversation. We now make fake conversations and when we see her coming we split and leave the place

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    I hate/kind of like my boss. He's a real push-over, but at the same time he can't be fucking direct with it; and he wants to be my "pal". also he takes mad days off, piles the work on, and likes to micro-manage me (while at the same time he'll say "I don't want to micro-manage you"; Too late fuckhead.) He's got a bad hair-cut as well and his name is GARTH!

My other quasi-boss; She's super-sharp, TOO FUCKIN' SHARP. On some uber-nitpicky-yeah-I-went-to-Harvard-I'm-never-wrong-steez. I think she has nothing better to do but to put me on blast with my boss via e-mail; and it's for shit like forgetting to put a hyphen between someone's last name instead of a space or other stuff that I was never instructed on doing. It sucks 'cause she's my homegirl's ex-roomate from collge so I can't flex the classic and always scathing Young_Phonique charme. I recently saw her wedding CD and man it was some pretty bad fucking music, like not one good song at all ("You sexy thing" by Hot Chocolate, you serious?)

Besides that I really like my co-workers. Some of them are my age and really into music, one of them even knew who I was in terms of deejaying (WTF??!?!). I'm also the only other dude there besides GARTH.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    We should swap:

My idoit co-worker(s) for your idoit co-worker(s).

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    I meet with sales rep from all over the country. They are dying to get their product and or marketing material into the library (i manage the library in the largest hospitality architecture firm in the world). In between kissing my ass, which i hate, they insist on making cheesy smalltalk and jokes, then complain about their product's placement in the library. My latest jaded response is "Well, I can just throw it away...You have about 100 competetors with better product." this shuts them up quick. Some of them are really good people with real people skills, but for the most part...douchebag central.

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    I meet with sales rep from all over the country. They are dying to get their product and or marketing material into the library (i manage the library in the largest hospitality architecture firm in the world). In between kissing my ass, which i hate, they insist on making cheesy smalltalk and jokes, then complain about their product's placement in the library. My latest jaded response is "Well, I can just throw it away...You have about 100 competitors with better product." this shuts them up quick. Some of them are really good people with real people skills, but for the most part...douchebag central.

They advertise in libraries now?

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    - At my old work, we had a dumb blonde midwest saleswoman who brought me into a meeting with a white trash female client from Garner NC. We discussed the project for about 10 minutes, then they talked about their kids for about 20 minutes, including how they'd never let their daughters date a black boy. I excused myself and very politely wrote a letter to the saleswoman saying that racial discussions should not be included in business meetings. My blood was boiling and my mind reeling from incredulity, but I kept it non-personal and non-accusatory. The next morning she stomped over to my cubicle, slammed down the letter on my desk, said "I'M NOT RACIST!" and stormed off. So I had a meeting with our (hispanic) boss, told him the situation, he said "unbelievable," and he had a meeting with her. At lunchtime, she cornered me in the breakroom and once again said, "I'm not racist. My best friend is black. So I'm not racist." She stayed with the company for about another year, continuing to make priceless comments like when she intercepted a fax from Turkey to our (Turkish) accountant and exclaiming, "What the hell is this? Looks like Spanish!"

- Another blonde coworker, same place. Completely incompetent graphic designer, made mistakes on everything, wouldn't do work on time, etc. She had the endearing habit of taking any email you sent her, and responding to not only you but cc'ing the entire office about how you were doing your job wrong and nothing was her fault. Eventually the boss fired her. But a year later... he took her on as a freelance designer!. WTF.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    I meet with sales rep from all over the country. They are dying to get their product and or marketing material into the library (i manage the library in the largest hospitality architecture firm in the world). In between kissing my ass, which i hate, they insist on making cheesy smalltalk and jokes, then complain about their product's placement in the library. My latest jaded response is "Well, I can just throw it away...You have about 100 competitors with better product." this shuts them up quick. Some of them are really good people with real people skills, but for the most part...douchebag central.

They advertise in libraries now?
    It's a library of marketing material for interior products (furniture, carpet, wall covering, wood flooring, ect.) it's all reference for designers.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    Except for the fact that they are all flaming limousine liberals they're all exceptional nice, smart and professional.

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    Except for the fact that they are all flaming limousine liberals they're all exceptional nice, smart and professional.

Then perhaps you should invite them here to compose a post about you.