NZ and OZ

llmod1llmod1 317 Posts
edited May 2005 in Strut Central
Guys, I have posted this up before but it was ages ago. i'm off to NZ on June 1st for the British Lions Rugby Tour which means that I'm going to be visiting pretty much every city in both the north and the south islands. The main purpose of this trip is obviously the rugby but I'm still hoping to have plenty of time to go digging. So if there are any locals who would like to show me around the record shops of their fair city or just some people that know some spots worth checking or if someone wants to hook up for a beer or offer me a couch to crash on then let me know.At the end of the tour I have about 5 days in Sydney, so again any diggers care to show me around?? I have been there beofre but not for a few years so things may well have changed!!

Comments

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    Guys, I have posted this up before but it was ages ago. i'm off to NZ on June 1st for the British Lions Rugby Tour which means that I'm going to be visiting pretty much every city in both the north and the south islands.

The main purpose of this trip is obviously the rugby but I'm still hoping to have plenty of time to go digging. So if there are any locals who would like to show me around the record shops of their fair city or just some people that know some spots worth checking or if someone wants to hook up for a beer or offer me a couch to crash on then let me know.

At the end of the tour I have about 5 days in Sydney, so again any diggers care to show me around?? I have been there beofre but not for a few years so things may well have changed!!

Make sure you find the Eugino D 7" by Dr Tree in New Zealand... I'll u2u a bunch of secret spots in Sydney for you to check out and some of my peoples numbers who don't be on the internet...

peace.

• Where in New Zealand are you headed?

• llmod1llmod1 317 Posts
    I'm going to be in pretty much every town and city that the LIons are playing in. Where are you based??

• llmod1llmod1 317 Posts
    Sheep I'd really appreciate the hook up in Sydney, drop me a pm with the info. Are you going to be in town yourself??

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Check out Next Level records while you're there. I think Sheep has some maps of where to find it.

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    Check out Next Level records while you're there. I think Sheep has some maps of where to find it.

You're a smart ass cunt Mark, and this is the exact reason why there's a name on your head in the hip-hop community in Sydney...

peace.

• I'm in Wellington. Pickings are pretty slim here on the ground, depending what your after. I'd recommend real groovy (theres one in Wellington, Auckland and Christchurch) and slowboat records on Upper Cuba Street in Wellington. Apart from that, theres the odd second hand dealer around,but they were picked over years ago, and most second hand guys never rotate stock.

• idemidem 98 Posts
    you should come to down melbourne ,, we got records

• Voms72Voms72 18 Posts
    Hey llmod.... I'm Sydney till the 10th of june but then I'll have to farg off. But drop me a pm for spots and also some of my boys run a nite that's worth check'n out. Peace