Dig Dug 7/11 San Jose

tick_ticklertick_tickler 104 Posts
edited July 2006 in Strut Central
I found out about this too late(pass) to make it but will be there next month fo sure(with a bunch of trades/sale joints and a small contingent of Santa Cruz heads). Highlights from last night?

Comments

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    Highlights from last night?

My all international set obviously

Honorable mentions go to Age's ill as shit set, the cute girl's opening set (what's her name again?), and OneSoul getting mad at jinx74 for spitting game at the locals.

Don't sleep on the next one!

• Don't sleep on the next one!

Is this held on the same part of South Firtst St as the Agenda, Beehive, Spy, etc? I used to bartend at a PollyEsthers down there...customers were lame but the $$ was nice and there was one dj who usually killed it>> what up la****ce if you're up on this piece. Anyway, I'll be there next month. I like shopping for records at night. Peace.

• all international set

Are'nt all records from A country, hence they would be international ? Interstellar ?

• downtown72downtown72 125 Posts
    i think someone from the gallery was taking pics, so they'll be here at some point:

http://galleryad.com/

everyone's set was dope, and the shopping was excellent (sold a bunch AND picked up some nice stuff... how's that Mose Allison treating ya justin?)

btw - next swap will be August 17th, and turns out my boy Tomek ended up in SF with hottie in question, ivan - i had to pick him up at the train station and there's Ms. Sexual Harrasment LP with him...

• OneSoulOneSoul 206 Posts
    Is this held on the same part of South Firtst St as the Agenda, Beehive & Spy, I used to bartend at a PollyEsthers

yep, Gallery AD is in the old Camera 1[/b] theatre, right next door to what used to be Bee-Hive which is now a much better club called Sofa Lounge. PollyEsthers is long gone, but the light up disco floor remains, the club is now known as Glo.

it turns out my boy Tomek ended up in SF with hottie in question, i had to pick him up at the train station and there's Ms. Sexual Harrasment LP with him...
    with Tomek? damn that guy's been gone for what? 3 months? and already pulling 'em in. Damn it... game recognize game.

btw - next swap will be August 17th
    Are you sure J*ff? I thought Nate was saying that it was going to be on the 3rd Tuesday which would make it the 22nd of August?

anyway Tick, keep an eye over in the Announcements[/b] section on the board for further datails, It will be on the 17th or 22nd of August and should be (knock on wood) the best one yet. word on the street is that joining Jinx from our city to the north will be Peacefulrotation & OM !! some heavy sellers indeed. Along with our local's Downtown72 and Ferrari it should be great. I'm going to be playing a DJ set of something different, not sure yet, maybe Latin? shit, maybe Punk?

oh and Iv*n, the cute girl that opened for you was Erin who played a pretty good set I think, for being her very first time, although somebody needs to help her out with a record bag though. She had her shit up in a big green samsonite suitcase, it was killing me.

see ya'll next month,

-B-

• downtown72downtown72 125 Posts

Are you sure J*ff? I thought Nate was saying that it was going to be on the 3rd Tuesday which would make it the 22nd of August?

whoop - sorry, tho we're both wrong. check that calender B - 3rd Tuesday of August will be the 15th.

whoop - sorry, tho we're both wrong. check that calender B - 3rd Tuesday of August will be the 15th[/b].

yeah, what he said...

hey at least it wasn't the 6-6-06 thing back to haunt me

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    whoop - sorry, tho we're both wrong. check that calender B - 3rd Tuesday of August will be the 15th[/b].

yeah, what he said...

B - you need to step your calendar game up.

yeah, what he said...

B - you need to step your calendar game up.

done, just picked this up at turntablelab.