The term CLEAN is not a acurate grading!

Manduro3000Manduro3000 265 Posts
edited July 2006 in Strut Central
To all you record sellers and dealers. When you grade the records, please use the standard grading system (Goldmine works the best: Poor, Good, VG-, VG, VG+, NM or Mint). Saying a record is pretty CLEAN and plays well does not make it a mint record. Also granding in percents is just as stupid... what does a record that's 70% or "6 out of 10" even mean anyway? If you don't know how to properly grade records then you should not be selling them yourself... at that point you need to take your records to an expert. What makes my request even more insame is that the seller I am talking about is a strutter and been selling and buying for years, and still can't figure out how to grade a record.

Comments

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    You need more posts before you can criticize a Soulstrut seller on his/her grading.

What's confusing about the 10 scale? Seems pretty straightforward to me. All the Peruvian sellers I buy from grade that way and I haven't had any misgrades yet. Just think of it like the hot chick scale. Oh that record's a 7... I can "play" that

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Manduro is more worthy of the term "record dude" than 70% of the people on this site, so when he says something, his word is his bond.

As a sidenote, I've shown some people detailed websites on how to grade records on the accepted M, NM, VG++ etc scale and they either refused to do it or said the grading scale was "too harsh." If you're grading records, do it right,have someone else do it, or say how you don't know what you are doing in the description.

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    Manduro is more worthy of the term "record dude" than 70% of the people on this site, so when he says something, his word is his bond.

That was a joke

• Special_EdSpecial_Ed 315 Posts
    To all you record sellers and dealers. When you grade the records, please use the standard grading system (Goldmine works the best: Poor, Good, VG-, VG, VG+, NM or Mint). Saying a record is pretty CLEAN and plays well does not make it a mint record. Also granding in percents is just as stupid... what does a record that's 70% or "6 out of 10" even mean anyway? If you don't know how to properly grade records then you should not be selling them yourself... at that point you need to take your records to an expert. What makes my request even more insame is that the seller I am talking about is a strutter and been selling and buying for years, and still can't figure out how to grade a record.

There are much more important things to worry about in life then something like this. Get over it.

I figured as much Iv*n, I just wanted to vouch for a friend and get silly.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    "Standard grading" really doesn't seem to work for most people either though. I mean seriously, online "VG+" can mean anything. I've found it's best to ask people for a semi-detailed description of the condition to see how detail oriented they are.

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    online VG+

Please start using this!

online VG+=Real World VG-

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    record grades are kinda silly if you think about it....good=unlistenable.

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts
    I've said this before, but my favorite ebay grade i've ever seen is 'used'.

• I only post when I have a point to make or information to give to help someone out. I like to be low key and don't feel the need to post everytime I find a copy of Bob James Two. So you can be the master of the Soulstrut posts Ferrari, you are too powerful for me to stop.

Anyway I didn't give the stutter's name because it would spark a backlash against him, being that he has screwed over other people on soulstrut, but I still deal with him every once and awhile because I know him personally. Plus he's not active on the strut anymore because of his negative status.

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    Plus he's not active on the strut anymore because of his negative status.

?

• To all you record sellers and dealers. When you grade the records, please use the standard grading system (Goldmine works the best: Poor, Good, VG-, VG, VG+, NM or Mint). Saying a record is pretty CLEAN and plays well does not make it a mint record. Also granding in percents is just as stupid... what does a record that's 70% or "6 out of 10" even mean anyway? If you don't know how to properly grade records then you should not be selling them yourself... at that point you need to take your records to an expert. What makes my request even more insame is that the seller I am talking about is a strutter and been selling and buying for years, and still can't figure out how to grade a record.

There are much more important things to worry about in life then something like this. Get over it.

My life is over. I just can't go on from this. I will be giving my entire collection away to anybody who wants it.

Just kidding! My life still has meaning.