african funk on downtown soulville radio show -CD?

FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
edited July 2006 in Strut Central
My friend Matt had me as a guest at his radio show a few weeks back.http://wfmu.org/listen.ram?show=19248I'm back in Africa now and without internet connection at the house. Having to rely on local internet cafes which suffer under frequent power failures, extremly slow connection that often breaks down and beat up old PCs, I have no way to get this show onto CD so I can hand out copies to my friends down here.I don't know how hard it is to make a CD from streaming audio that can't get downloaded but I figure if you have two PCs and record from "audio out" of the one that's playing the show this should be possible, no?Anyway, I hope some of you enjoy the show and perhaps someone manages to get it onto CD.I have a mailing address in Germany that will automaticaly forward stuff to my location in Guinea so perhaps one of my fellow Kraut strutters can help me out here...thanxFrank

Comments

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    Hi Frank, Sascha here, you stopped by my night in Brooklyn with those ill records. Many thnx. Sorry about the skips

I'll see what I can do... I think I can record to an external device to grab it. If anyone has a better way, holla.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    My friend Matt had me as a guest at his radio show a few weeks back.
    http://wfmu.org/listen.ram?show=19248

I'm back in Africa now and without internet connection at the house. Having to rely on local internet cafes which suffer under frequent power failures, extremly slow connection that often breaks down and beat up old PCs, I have no way to get this show onto CD so I can hand out copies to my friends down here.

I don't know how hard it is to make a CD from streaming audio that can't get downloaded but I figure if you have two PCs and record from "audio out" of the one that's playing the show this should be possible, no?

Anyway, I hope some of you enjoy the show and perhaps someone manages to get it onto CD.

I have a mailing address in Germany that will automaticaly forward stuff to my location in Guinea so perhaps one of my fellow Kraut strutters can help me out here...

thanx

Frank

A program like soundforge will record whatever is playing on your computer. I make "Downtown Soulville" CDs for my car quite often. shhhhh. dont tell Matt!

It is also quite a coinicidence that I am listening to a CD of a "downtown soulville" show in the shop right now as I read your post! spooky!

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    I will make a CD of it and send it to ya for a copy of that portugese language version of that Jacques Dutronc "jai tu..." tune 45 you have!

but seriously, if someone is unable to do this, ill do it...

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    Hey,

You know, Downtown Soulville has a podcast feed

Don't mess with recording the realaudio stream, that mono crap sounds like poo. Fortunately, I still have the 128 kbps mp3 podcast in my podcast feed, I can burn this with less effort than it took to make this post. PM me an address and I can get this off to you.

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts

this was a totally exellent show... actually vampiros lesbos was the first club dj nnight i went to when i moved to nyc...

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    Hi Frank, Sascha here, you stopped by my night in Brooklyn with those ill records. Many thnx. Sorry about the skips

Hi Sascha,
    I had a blast that night!
    Some of those dancers were amazing!
    It was great to see local b-boys and girls get down to all these african records.
    I guess I'll be back next year and would be glad to come by your night again.

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    Hey,

You know, Downtown Soulville has a podcast feed

Don't mess with recording the realaudio stream, that mono crap sounds like poo. Fortunately, I still have the 128 kbps mp3 podcast in my podcast feed, I can burn this with less effort than it took to make this post. PM me an address and I can get this off to you.

Sounds great! Check your PMs

thanx

Frank

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts

this was a totally exellent show... actually vampiros lesbos was the first club dj nnight i went to when i moved to nyc...

Cool, did you catch us at our hedonistic peak at the old XVI, later at the Cooler
    or maybe even around '96 at the Suzie Wong?