what's the song that samples rocket in the pocket?

Mongo_SladeMongo_Slade 999 Posts
edited July 2006 in Strut Central
A few times in the past couple months I've heard the local Clear Channel urban contemporary station play some song that samples Cerrone's "Rocket in the Pocket"-- not the drums but the weird melodic part that comes right after. If I remember right the vocal is pretty corny, with a hook that goes something like "I think she like me/she might be wifey."Anybody know what the fuck I'm talking about?

Comments

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    I misread you before, I thought you wanted a sample ID'd. Either way, I have no idea what the track is that you are asking about since I almost never listen to the radio.

• sergserg 682 Posts
    yo man as morsecode, dude asked me the same fucking question but I don't listen to the radio enough so I didn't know

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts
    sorry i dunno..

..but that Luke Slater track on "wireless" that starts with Rocket mixed up with the watery sound and then goes into hyper danceathon with the funky mule breaks is dope.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    how much is the cerrone 12" worth anyways? I sold a minty one for $20 before