the "playing dumb" ebay defense

The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
edited July 2006 in Strut Central
Okay, so this Italian dude won a sealed Nite Liters LP from me. I send him an invoice, and he is unhappy with the postage, so I tell him I can send it surface for cheaper. he keeps sending me "why dont you answer my message about postage?" messages , so I send him another invoice with the corrected postage, and I get another message "why dont you answer my message about postage" so I send him another invoice and a message (whcih I copy myself on, I have a folder with every messsage i have replied to and sent). He has had to get one of these(I sent about 6 messages to dude). He DOES however get my message telling him if he doesnt pay by such and such a date, that I am going to repost the record. And he sends me a message "fine, since you never answered my messages, go ahead and repost the auction, but I wont bid on it!" all cavalier like I have been a bastard about the whole thing. keep in mind this back and forth crap with him went on for a month. So I just reposted it with a buy it now and filled out the non-paying bidder stuff on him. What kind of crap is this "how come you dont answer me?" stuff? Can you put read receipts on Ebay messages? I think I am going to wait until the 89th day and leave negative feedback on him.Also, why do some Europeans think their fucking LP is going to weigh like 2 ounces and want it sent airmail for 5 bucks? I had one HUGE British asshole tell me an "no LP weighs over a pound, you are trying to rip me off"! Well, a gatefold LP, properly packaged(bags unlimited mailer, mylar sleeve on record and two pieces of corrugated cardboard), weighs one pound nine ounces. Fine, I will just throw your LP in a grocery bag. Fucking cheap ass muhfuggers.

Comments

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Amazing.....I just had the same exact scenario with an Italian buyer...I don't think it is the same guy because my guy is a big Garage collectro.....this guy's deal was he wanted to pay by a bank transfer and said he needed my name, address and bank account#.....like I'm just gonna give that shit out......I kept telling him he could pay by a variety of methods and he kept on writing back.......why you not answer me, I need your bank info....finally I filed a "failure to pay" complaint to ebay and he paid immediately via Paypal.

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    just so you know, waiting until the 89th day for feedback doesn't work anymore. they now get a certain amount of time after you leave them feedback to return the favor.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    just so you know, waiting until the 89th day for feedback doesn't work anymore. they now get a certain amount of time after you leave them feedback to return the favor.
    dang.

oh well, I dont think his one negative will spoil the 2000+ positives...

• rocco2nrrocco2nr 530 Posts
    if you start a non paying bidder dispute and the guy never responds, they'll pull any negative feedback he leaves for you.

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    Some guy once won a two 20-item lots of 45s and 3 LPs from me, but when I sent him the shipping amount (which was maybe $3 above the actual postage cost), he told me "I didn't realize the postage was going to be so much. Go ahead and give me negative feedback." Which I promptly did.

He was from Italy.

What's up with those dudes?

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts

He was from Italy.

What's up with those dudes?

I don't want to generalize, but I've never had an easy transaction with an Italian buyer. I've only had a hanful, but each one has been it's own type of headache.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    I've had a dozen or so wonderfully easy transactions with Italian buyers.