Les Mccann - Fish this Week

jazzman21jazzman21 287 Posts
edited May 2005 in Strut Central
Everytime I see this lp on ebay I always pass it up, but being a big les fan and loving most of his other albums I just might like this one too. Does someone have a copy of this?

Comments

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    I'm not feelin' it at all. It has a gospel-y, down-home-y feel to it that doesn't ever seem to work over the course of the 2 lp's.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    I'm not feelin' it at all. It has a gospel-y, down-home-y feel to it that doesn't ever seem to work over the course of the 2 lp's.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    I'm not feelin' it at all. It has a gospel-y, down-home-y feel to it

it's sorta supposed to...that's the way all of les' albums sounded before he got to atlantic (i believe FISH THIS WEEK is a compilation of his earlier work on the pacific jazz label)

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    Straight trio jazz, with Les playing acoustic piano throughout, not sure why I still have this record,... maybe there's a bit of open uprightbassness somewhere in the grooves...(Leroy Vinnegar)(The Shout)
    peace-

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

but but but but but Madlib took samples from this LP for the first Quasimoto.

• That LP is a comp of Pacific Jazz stuff from
    early-to-mid-60's.
    Light Jazz Snooze.

Great cover, tho.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Your gangsta is not very gospel-y and down-home-y?

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    i just borrowed this from my friend's aunt and wasnt too into it at all.

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    15 years ago when I was a major Jazz head I was really into this LP. But I've kinda out grown it. I used to get into one style for a few years at a time and just listen to everything in that vein.

I think it's like a lot of music.....if your only into one style then you like it but if you into lots of style you don't have time for everything. (who's going to be frist to make that their new location? )