FANTASTIC SAMS

grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
edited July 2006 in Strut Central
what's the deal with all the cool folks walking around with their heads carved up? my dad used to cut my hair and i just couldnt pull it off.

Comments

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Where is the picture of Sheep in front of Supercuts with the sheep mask and the Joe Cooley records! LOL

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    DUDE. As soon as I saw this thread title, I knew who wrote it.

My sister used to cut hair at Fantastic Sam's, like...25 years ago. She also worked at place called "The Y'all Come Back Salon."

Fantastic Sams is still around?

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    what's the deal with all the cool folks walking around with their heads carved up? my dad used to cut my hair and i just couldnt pull it off.

POST A PIC OF YOU WITH INITIALS AND SURFBOARDS CARVED INTO HEAD BY DAD OR YOU ARE SOFT!

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    doggz, i was all about the hash marks on my eyebrows, BITD.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Dear Shig,

I cut my own hair the last time it got real long. It turned out fine, but I'm kinda worried it was "beginners luck". Maybe I need to consult, you know, "a professional" this time? The thing is, I basically get the same bad haircut no matter what. I even went to a real fancy joint once and had a gay dude cut my hair - only difference was it was expensive and he was entertaining while the deed was being done. Anyhow, it's about that time again. I'm getting to the point where when my hair gets long you can really tell that it's thinning. That + putting on kind of a beer gut + collecting records = maybe a haircut. What should I do?

-crink

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I'm getting to the point where when my hair gets long you can really tell that it's thinning.

OUCH. I had the exact same thing happening to me, so I cut it. Its about 2 or 3 inches now. THing is, now that its shorter, it looks alot thicker.

I wasn't sure what to do with my hair + my midlife 'holy fuck i'm thinning' crisis, so I borrowed some fashion magazine from a girl at work and then tore out a picture of a haircut that I thought looked cool. The I erased the parts from his forehead where I no longer have hair (old school pink eraser delete eyeballs styleeee) and took that to the haircut place and said "i want this". It actually worked.

For a while when it was longer i was combing it straight back since I have a jack nicholson hairline and it looked cool on him, but really it just made my round face look even rounder. now i kinda push the hair up on top and it elongates my face into more of an oval.

i don't think you have a round face, but i figured i would mention it.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    hahaha!!!

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    Where is the picture of Sheep in front of Supercuts with the sheep mask and the Joe Cooley records! LOL