BOSTON GET AT ME (RR)

SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
edited July 2006 in Strut Central
After 2 months of rainy sundays and family birthdays, the long-promisedBoston Vinyl Yard Sale & Record Swap?? is going down THIS sunday, JULY 9,from 11AM until all the alcohol is gone or all fistfights are settled.I have around 5 oversized boxes of LP's pulled, hundreds of 45's. I haveanother seller with nice stacks to sell. I have P. Gunn coming up from NYC to help out (ie drink beer) and I assume swap some wax. I'll be pimping it onmyspace and flyering record stores and a few coffee shops, etc.Of course, I'll also post in the Announcements section on SS to drumup some action, but I post this here because I want to know who isdown to sell, so I can have an idea of what to promise for turnout andhow much beer I need to buy . If you're just looking to swap, let me knowtoo, so I can know how hardcore the trading will be. I'll probably needto bump this after tomorrow cause shit is dead for holiday, but I want tohave Craig's List and flyers up by Thursday, so GET AT ME.Again, the idea is basically to dump your yard-sale type records tothe locals (I am in a very high profile location on Centre St. in JP)and get enough real heads in so we can wheel & deal better stuff with each other. Personally, I'll have records available from fifty-cents to fifty bucks.

Comments

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts
    DOWN. IN LIKE FLINT.

God, do I have a big and growing pile. And, will bring some beer myself.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    THAT'S MY DOGG RIGHT THURR

ps bring Teddy Bruschi or you're SOFT

ps bring Teddy Bruschi or you're SOFT

Well played.

Pitching some Jack McDuff for a piece my boss is working on right now; that'll really tie the room together.

my comment makes no sense in hindsight. little too much pre-4th. excellent self-son.

No t. bru. maybe some back-up D-Bs, though; one almost hit me in his escalade today in the parking lot. and, that ain't no drunk talk.

• pj4533pj4533 481 Posts
    I am down......I have my radio show from 2-4pm, and my family is visiting, so that might limit my involvment. I'll be thru fo sho though.

-peeJ

• axefoleyaxefoley 331 Posts
    i'm down also...i'll definetly bring trades, dunno if i can get my ish together in time to bring stuff to sell...soulonice=

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    yo
    i might have to move out of my apartment that weekend and thus might have to flake ... IT HURTS ME MORE THAN IT HURTS YOU....

to everyone else, SOI's place is indeed in prime real estate territory in Jamaica Plain and if the weather is nice, there should be incredible foot traffic, so bring some Johnny Cash and Prince records to sell to the hipsters...

I KNOW YOU DID NOT JUST TYPE THAT SHIT

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    I KNOW YOU DID NOT JUST TYPE THAT SHIT

• lambertlambert 1,166 Posts
    Wish I could get at this. Have fun, dudes!

• Wish I could get at this. Have fun, dudes!

Y'all have fun, make some money.