steve nash

marumaru 1,450 Posts
edited May 2005 in Strut Central

Comments

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    dude's sick like the germ

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    he's been my hero for a while now. non-athletic, scrappy-haired dude (much like myself) but BEEN a baller, and by that I mean, he knows how to play the game.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts

Mack,

These days, Bizzy Bone looks exactly like Weldon does in your avatar.

Herm

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    dude's slicker than worm sperm

still would've liked to seen the series go to seven...

• Options
    non-athletic

I know a couple guys that went to high school with him, and that's not what they told me. Has both pro hockey and soccer calibre talent...and I have yet to meet a non-athletic baller who shoots with his off-hand like Nash does.

He does have rocker hair (yes recoiling keychain ozzy carved into your knuckles with a pin white sleeve black concert shirt flared tongue Reeboks spaghetti leather jacket).

K.

• montymonty 420 Posts

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Hell yeah! Steve Nash is dope! One of my favorite players to watch. And usually white boy ballers annoy me. (Ginobli)

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hell yeah! Steve Nash is dope! One of my favorite players to watch. And usually white boy ballers annoy me. (Ginobli)

Shiiiiiiiit, Manu is nice with his, while you playin'!!!! Don't front now!!!! Nash has the crazy game as well, a well-deserved MVP recipient.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    y'all spitting truth

I'm not even a huge ball fan and this guy has got me glued to the tube when I catch the Suns in action. Can't wait to see Sunday's game.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Yo Manu is a great player, I'm just hatin cause he was on the Sonics ass like a hemmorhoid! Dude is SCRAPPY! Plus he's always floppin, you can barely touch dude without him falling on the ground.

I know a couple guys that went to high school with him, and that's not what they told me. Has both pro hockey and soccer calibre talent...and I have yet to meet a non-athletic baller who shoots with his off-hand like Nash does.

i don't mean "non-athletic" as he's a slouch. he made it to the L, he's got some athleticism. but he does not possess the explosiveness of some of the other elite guards, i.e. Baron Davis, Dwayne Wade, Steve Francis, Allen Iverson, Stephon Marbury, Mike Bibby, Jason Williams. As for his off-handed reverse, twisting into the lane lay-ups, I believe those are a result of adjusting to taller, faster, more athletic guys that can block his shots.

Above all it's his court sense, recognition of the open man, and a nice J that have carried him a long way.

dos pennies.

• 1 rebound away from a triple double tonight!

• Nash is fucking it up right about now. i love dudes game.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    The thing that gets me about Nash is that he can score with the best of them, as evidenced by that game he had the other night in a losing effort (what was it, 49 points or something?)- they say he's actually the best shooter on the team. But he understands the game so well that he plays the point position exactly as it's meant to be played, creating opportunities for other players and almost always making the right pass to the right dude at the right time. If only my boy A.I. would take notes and start playing like that maybe my Sixers might actually be able to make it back to the finals before he gets too old.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    ya gotta like him if you are a fan of the underdog...a short, white, Canadian?..dude beat the odds...I am a fan.

anybody else think he looks like the bad kid from the bad news bears?

P.S. Mark Cuban is a fucking moron

• ArchaicArchaic 633 Posts
    ya gotta like him if you are a fan of the underdog...a short, white, Canadian?..dude beat the odds...I am a fan.

Yep, I posted that same photo of Kelly Leak a few weeks back. Let's not forget Moocher from Breaking Away either...

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    The thing that gets me about Nash is that he can score with the best of them, as evidenced by that game he had the other night in a losing effort (what was it, 49 points or something?)- they say he's actually the best shooter on the team. But he understands the game so well that he plays the point position exactly as it's meant to be played, creating opportunities for other players and almost always making the right pass to the right dude at the right time. If only my boy A.I. would take notes and start playing like that maybe my Sixers might actually be able to make it back to the finals before he gets too old.[/b]

MAAAAAAAASIVE CO-SIGN!!!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

P.S. Dirk Nowitski is a one-dimensional player and choke artist who is very overrated.[/b]

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    The thing that gets me about Nash is that he can score with the best of them, as evidenced by that game he had the other night in a losing effort (what was it, 49 points or something?)- they say he's actually the best shooter on the team. But he understands the game so well that he plays the point position exactly as it's meant to be played, creating opportunities for other players and almost always making the right pass to the right dude at the right time. If only my boy A.I. would take notes and start playing like that maybe my Sixers might actually be able to make it back to the finals before he gets too old.[/b]

AI doesnt have the talent around him like Nash.
    The West coast doesnt play the defense the East does.
    AI would go crazy against Dallas defense. They never smashed
    Nash up.
    The Spurs' D aint that light.Bruce Bowen is gonna lock cats up.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    P.S. Dirk Nowitski is a one-dimensional player and choke artist who is very overrated.[/b]

And I thought I was the only one!

Anyone catch last night when he was cussing out Jason Terry at the end of the game for not giving him the ball for the last shot. Went back to the bench still yelling at him and I think Dirk even hit him in the face with a towell. Anyways, overtime comes and I believe Dirk missed 3 shots in a row, at least one of which was a layup right in front of the basket. Then he just starts bitching at every ref he can find. Way to choke there Dirk!

And I thought I was the only one!

Anyone catch last night when he was cussing out Jason Terry at the end of the game for not giving him the ball for the last shot. Went back to the bench still yelling at him and I think Dirk even hit him in the face with a towell. Anyways, overtime comes and I believe Dirk missed 3 shots in a row, at least one of which was a layup right in front of the basket. Then he just starts bitching at every ref he can find. Way to choke there Dirk!
    All cat does is score, but he is mediocre rebounder and poor defender. I wouldn't exactly consider that a star player.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• Options
    I believe he was more pissed at Terry's brainfart defense which allowed Nash an uncontested 3 (when they were down by three and could have allowed a lay-up and/or fouled him before the shot).

K.

I believe he was more pissed at Terry's brainfart defense which allowed Nash an uncontested 3 (when they were down by three and could have allowed a lay-up and/or fouled him before the shot).

K.

Isn't that ironic? Wow, Dirk plays such air-tight defense himself.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Nash is far from an underdog, plus short white guys are not new to
    the league.......................John Stockton.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts

Nash up.

I pretty much agree with everything you're saying here, Batmon. But A.I. goes crazy against everybody, even Detroit (did you see his numbers in the playoffs? straight scary). What he doesn't do is put his teammates in position to help him out like Nash does with Phoenix. Yeah, the Suns are loaded with talent, no question. But the Sixers have a lot of young talent, too. It's just that playing with Iverson it's hard to see just how good some of these dudes are because Allen dominates the ball so much! You put him on the Suns and if he plays the way he plays in Philly I don't think that team challenges for the title, I don't care how talented they may look on paper. I love Iverson, believe me- pound for pound he's one of the most talented dudes to ever play the game. But there's a way to play if you want to win championships, and Iverson just doesn't play the right way. It is what it is.

• 1980Beatz1980Beatz 159 Posts

P.S. Mark Cuban is a fucking moron

Am I the only one who thins he looks a little like Tom Petty?

Or that MIchael Redd looks a little like Kanye West?

Nash up.

I pretty much agree with everything you're saying here, Batmon. But A.I. goes crazy against everybody, even Detroit (did you see his numbers in the playoffs? straight scary). What he doesn't do is put his teammates in position to help him out like Nash does with Phoenix. Yeah, the Suns are loaded with talent, no question. But the Sixers have a lot of young talent, too. It's just that playing with Iverson it's hard to see just how good some of these dudes are because Allen dominates the ball so much! You put him on the Suns and if he plays the way he plays in Philly I don't think that team challenges for the title, I don't care how talented they may look on paper. I love Iverson, believe me- pound for pound he's one of the most talented dudes to ever play the game. But there's a way to play if you want to win championships, and Iverson just doesn't play the right way. It is what it is.
    Conversely put Nash in Philly and they go nowhere as well. Nash wouldnt withstand
    the East grind/bang enviorment. Webber wouldnt improve either.

Nash up.

i did not see the game, but i can totally picture this. Steve Nash getting 48, 34, and 39 in consecutive games to me was like "wtf?". There are few teams in the L that are capable of giving up that many points to Nash.

still,

Nash up.

i did not see the game, but i can totally picture this. Steve Nash getting 48, 34, and 39 in consecutive games to me was like "wtf?". There are few teams in the L that are capable of giving up that many points to Nash.

W'ell see how much of an MVP he is against the Spurs. I doubt hell get
    triple double numbers.

• I need me a nash jersey..and I dont even wear them anymore.