Probably late... but how many are fans of...

gambitgambit 906 Posts
edited May 2005 in Strut Central
The U.N.[/b]?I'm reminded of this by finding a loop of theirs from my favorite cut called "Get Yo' Bitch" and I was wondering if any of the righteous SoulStrut hip-hop listeners were into their LP - U N Or U Out.DocBeezy is down with The U.N. ... anyone else?

Comments

• mcdeemcdee 871 Posts
    yeah i love their stuff. did some remix of their d.o.a. track, i wish more of their 12" had accapellas.

if i remember right one of the dudes from group released a tape where 75% of the samples were lifted of dusty fingers or something like that. anyone got more info? i never got the (dis?)pleasure of hearing it.

• MangomanMangoman 549 Posts
    The U.N.[/b]?

I'm reminded of this by finding a loop of theirs from my favorite cut called "Get Yo' Bitch" and I was wondering if any of the righteous SoulStrut hip-hop listeners were into their LP - U N Or U Out.

DocBeezy is down with The U.N. ... anyone else?

YO Undertheradar is a big fan! He gave me a copy of that cd awhile back and I told him ahah it's not that good... Then I happened to put an unmarked CD in a few months later and I was like yo this ish is nice! Then I figured out it was the UN cd dude gave me.. hahahhahahaah it goes to show if you ain't feeling somthin in the momment hold on to it cause you may like it down the road... I was just in a diffrent mood at the time... But yeah that cut with the hooker talkin in the intro I forget the name but that ish is nice...hahahahah

• numericnumeric 152 Posts
    The UN record is arguably the best hip-hop record of last year. Others of note would include.....The Grind Date, A long Hot Summer, My own Worst Enemy and MMM Food.

The UN is that gritty shit.

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    The U.N.[/b]?

I'm reminded of this by finding a loop of theirs from my favorite cut called "Get Yo' Bitch"
    UN are ill.

And that sample was.....?

The UN record is arguably the best hip-hop record of last year. Others of note would include.....The Grind Date, A long Hot Summer, My own Worst Enemy and MMM Food.

You know what your righ! At least for the most part.... Good taste!

• gambitgambit 906 Posts
    The U.N.[/b]?

I'm reminded of this by finding a loop of theirs from my favorite cut called "Get Yo' Bitch" and I was wondering if any of the righteous SoulStrut hip-hop listeners were into their LP - U N Or U Out.

DocBeezy is down with The U.N. ... anyone else?

YO Undertheradar is a big fan! He gave me a copy of that cd awhile back and I told him ahah it's not that good... Then I happened to put an unmarked CD in a few months later and I was like yo this ish is nice! Then I figured out it was the UN cd dude gave me.. hahahhahahaah it goes to show if you ain't feeling somthin in the momment hold on to it cause you may like it down the road... I was just in a diffrent mood at the time... But yeah that cut with the hooker talkin in the intro I forget the name but that ish is nice...hahahahah
    Yeah, that's actually how I got into it. I was hyped that Pete Rock was like an overseer on the project, but then all his beats didn't compare to Roc's. That was disappointing. "Get Yo *****" (which is the track with the hooker talking in the beginning) and "What They Want" are my joints. Large Pro laced that latter track up nicely.

It's weird. That album went under the radar and it's the most legit joint that came out in '04. It had sample clearances and everything. LOL Well, it's not that funny, but cats paid money to make sure if they blew... no static.

Maybe it was just bad timing and not enough push.... I'm sure the people who did check it out was because of the producers....

You know what your righ! At least for the most part.... Good taste!

Thanks.

Yeah, that record definitely got around by word of mouth. Thats how I got hip to it here in Columbus.

You realize they are on Carson Dailys label. He actually did something right.

OH AND GAMBIT....."What they Want" is

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    aight...im gonna catch up on some of this underground shit people keep raving about. I guess i need to listen to that mmm food cd, the quasimoto, mabye Ill download the u.n. shit, and the rest Im pretty sure ive heard.

Get that U.N. man. Its sick.

The new Quasimoto is real nice too.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts

I have that single released on BBE by Pete Rock with the UN on vocals (same UN?)

The beats are nice... crackly and thumping, classic Pete Rock jazz-piano-strings sound - it's just a heavier version of the same beat that he remixed for the Mos Def/Taleb Kweli Blackstar "Respiration" single a few years earlier on Rawkus with additional lyrics from Black Thought. Well worth recycling.

Another note about that UN record is that its all Drum Loops. That whole record is Loops. Shawn J. Period, it was fun while it lasted.

This may also have something to do with it not being pushed as hard to stay off the radar.

And yeah....thats the Same UN from that BBE joint.