has there already been a thread clowning.....

The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
edited June 2006 in Strut Central
Penut Butter Wolf's godawful lame cover of Donovan's "Get thy bearings"? Good god whatta hunka shit. why on earth would you make a lame ass cover out of an already perfect song that anyone can go out and grab a copy of for $4? Who was the wizard that said to him "wow, thats cool, you oughta put that out!" Man, he should should do a Mrs. Miller tribute album with that voice of his instead...however, if there has already been a thread about this..I apologize...

Comments

• The vocals are awful! But I kind of appreciate the instrumental by the Sand Dollars.
    Peanut Butter Wolf should go back to do some beats instead of hypin' Madlib 24/7.

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

Peanut Butter Wolf should go back to do some beats

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I love this by the way....

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts
    havent heard it , but just on general priciples it gets a

• I love this by the way....

Haha, best photoshop I've seen since the KRS/James Last thing!

• JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts
    This isnt that '' rain of earth'' thing that came out a few months ago is it? Something new and just as awful? Was there a thread about the rain of earth thing that I missed?? Where can I hear the donovan cover? Is he singing again?

I appreciate his attempt to think outside the box and try new things. I guess its cool to think about showing the world your hidden talents, but it doesnt mean you should go through with it.

The beats, the beats, the beats.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts

yeah its cool, I wish I could lay claim to it, but I stole it from my friend Kerry, and I have no idea where she got it...

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Penut Butter Wolf's godawful lame cover of Donovan's "Get thy bearings"? Good god whatta hunka shit. why on earth would you make a lame ass cover out of an already perfect song that anyone can go out and grab a copy of for $4? Who was the wizard that said to him "wow, thats cool, you oughta put that out!" Man, he should should do a Mrs. Miller tribute album with that voice of his instead...

however, if there has already been a thread about this..I apologize...

I don't think the song was meant to be serious.

• 1219197712191977 323 Posts
    I actually like the song.

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts

I know the song wasn't meant to be serious.

I actually like the song.

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts

yeah its cool, I wish I could lay claim to it, but I stole it from my friend Kerry, and I have no idea where she got it...

Again: somebody please make a t-shirt. Has the Baron Zen album been discussed? Now there's a topic for debate.