OK SUPERFREAKS-How was Superman Returns???

IronfeetIronfeet 516 Posts
edited June 2006 in Strut Central
Just wondering was the dude who played superman good? How do the Comic nerds rate this??? I heard this was better than X-man 3 is that true? Or is Superman just Lame???

Comments

• i'm no comic nerd, but this movie was at best.

why did superman return? where did he go?

it was kinda the same old predictable shit. lois lane gets in trouble, clark kent disappears, superman saves the day. zzzzzzz... nowhere near as good as superman III where he has that whole inner conflict and gets to hang out with richard pryor and fight that robot machine. that was fucking awesome.

plus, spiderman raised the bar insanely high for the comic book movies and it's gonna take way more than what superman returns offered to come close to reach it, let alone surpass it.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Did they use the same music from the chris reeves movies? I hope so.

I miss christopher reeves. Does anybody remember that one commercial where they CGI'd him and made him walk and shit? It actually choked me up. Fuck I'm corny.

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    Not to get all "Last Temptation of Christ"....but this movie looks all suckola with out even going. 1st....The guy plays Sups is a scrawny wimp. That alone is enough not to go. And as was stated....Returns???? Where did he go??? The comercials look like it's mainly a CGI blah fest. Even my little 13 year old man says "That doesn't look very good."!!!!!

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    It was a love story.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    i haven't seen it but contrary to all the hype, i actually think kevin spacey looks stupid as lex luther.

especially when he yells "WRRRRRONGGGAHHHHH!!!" in the trailer.

Kevin Spacey's Lex Luthor wasnt as bombastic as he should have been. Ill vent in full after a few more cats post about this flick.

• redeeming quality: they use the same animated opening credits style from the OG movie. the blue outlined outerspace joint.

so does anyone here know where superman went in order to necessitate his return?

• dayday 9,611 Posts

so does anyone here know where superman went in order to necessitate his return?

TJ

so does anyone where superman went?

To examine the remains of KRYPTON.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    so does anyone where superman went?

Yeah this is addressed several times throughout the film, if you saw it you should know!

• so does anyone where superman went?

Yeah this is addressed several times throughout the film, if you saw it you should know!

it was a midnight show and i kept nodding off. i guess i missed that part.

• redeeming quality: they use the same animated opening credits style from the OG movie. the blue outlined outerspace joint.

Rehab...

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    redeeming quality: they use the same animated opening credits style from the OG movie. the blue outlined outerspace joint.

Rehab...

I hope it sticks this time