Big Island & Kauai

paulpoitierpaulpoitier 29 Posts
edited June 2006 in Strut Central
Strutters, I was wondering whether anyone had local info on good eats, great spots to hike, and in general, things one shouldn't miss out in Kauai and the Big Island. Going to spend a little over a week to take in both islands with the misses and well, I have a high measure of respect for the taste that some strutters have acquired (see wine postings). Oh, and if anyone can recommend great places for yellowtail sashimi and other great pacific fish that I would otherwise have to pay to have flown in at a premium rate here in Manhattan, well, I would be much obliged and would gladly do the same for your visit here in NYC.Thanks in advance.

Comments

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    Strutters, I was wondering whether anyone had local info on good eats, great spots to hike, and in general, things one shouldn't miss out in Kauai and the Big Island. Going to spend a little over a week to take in both islands with the misses and well, I have a high measure of respect for the taste that some strutters have acquired (see wine postings).

Oh, and if anyone can recommend great places for yellowtail sashimi and other great pacific fish that I would otherwise have to pay to have flown in at a premium rate here in Manhattan, well, I would be much obliged and would gladly do the same for your visit here in NYC.

Thanks in advance.

Spent the first 5 or so years of my life in Kauai. My experience lies on the north shore in Hanelei and such, PM me and I give give you the run-down. I return every year so I'm up to date.