Leela James - A Change is Gonna Come

BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
edited June 2006 in Strut Central
I know I'm late on this shit and you can save all your kufi comments for another thread, but I'm definitely feeling this album. Long Time Coming is definitely the standout track for me. When that sample from Beanie Sigel's Truth first kicked in, I was like . That No Doubt cover is what's really not good but the rest of the shit is nice. Where's Young_Phonics up in this mufuckah?

Comments

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    I know I'm late on this shit and you can save all your kufi comments for another thread, but I'm definitely feeling this album. Long Time Coming is definitely the standout track for me. When that sample from Beanie Sigel's Truth first kicked in, I was like . That No Doubt cover is what's really not good but the rest of the shit is nice. Where's Young_Phonics up in this mufuckah?

hahha my man! (i'm laughing at how I've "BEEN THAT DUDE" on here).

I heard the album sampler and wasn't feeling it at all (a little too snoozy and more NEO-SOUL than just soul) but yo...that "Good Times" track with Pete Rock-I've been playing that 12'' for the past 2 years now-I love how they flipped that Gwen McRae joint. Her voice is pretty damn on point as well.

you good props for being such a proponent of "BAPE Rap" and then changing it up on us with threads like this...what happend? you get laid or something?

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    man, i listen to shit, i just usually don't rep it as hard as the rap shit i like. it's summer anyway so i gotta listen to less shit with murdering and crack slanging anyway. you telling me you don't feel this track though? http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=D3DDBB7B46A6385B

lil off-topic but i need your expertise on this. should i ask this girl ive known for like less than a month to the erykah badu concert here? tickets are fucking 50 bucks!

man, i listen to shit, i just usually don't rep it as hard as the rap shit i like. it's summer anyway so i gotta listen to less shit with murdering and crack slanging anyway. you telling me you don't feel this track though? http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=D3DDBB7B46A6385B

lil off-topic but i need your expertise on this. should i ask this girl ive known for like less than a month to the erykah badu concert here? tickets are fucking 50 bucks!

word...internet brian does not equal real world brian.

Ha..oh geez you want my expertise? Honestly, do you like this chick? does she like Erykah Badu? Is it something you would both enjoy together? If so go for it. If you're just trying to line-up a little something sumpin', cut your finacial lost and take her on a regular-ass date to some restaurant and a movie or something.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    haha, i was sorta kidding about that erykah badu shit. just wanted to see what you would say. i ain't trying to get on a ballah tip from the start with anyone. juvenile is doing a show this weekend too and shits only 17.50 so maybe that might be better!

haha, i was sorta kidding about that erykah badu shit. just wanted to see what you would say. i ain't trying to get on a ballah tip from the start with anyone. juvenile is doing a show this weekend too and shits only 17.50 so maybe that might be better!

17$ dollar Juevenille Concert x 2=A LITTLE SUMPIN' SUMPIN'

50$ Dollar Badu Concert x 2= She'll take the streaks out of your drawers and listen to you while you talk about soulstrut at home.

but yo...does the Juevenille date include complimentary apetizers at AppleBee's?

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    man, if this girl actually seriously wanted to go to a juvenile show, which i know she doesn't, i would be all about that shit. i don't think this girl knows how to sew so i wouldn't be getting no custom made kufis after the erykah badu shit though. and man i don't even think we have an applebees here or at least ive never been to one.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

50$ Dollar Badu Concert x 2= She'll take the streaks out of your drawers and listen to you while you talk about soulstrut at home.

but yo...does the Juevenille date include complimentary apetizers at AppleBee's?

Young Phonics, these statements lead me to believe that you have an R. Kellyesque approach to interaction with the opposite sex, wherein the majority of your "game" is directed at the sort of "women" that are majorly impressed by the purchase of a Happy Meal.

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    Can anyone up an mp3 of 'Good Times'?

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    ^^^ Dope. Thanks.

Young Phonics, these statements lead me to believe that you have an R. Kellyesque approach to interaction with the opposite sex, wherein the majority of your "game" is directed at the sort of "women" that are majorly impressed by the purchase of a Happy Meal.

Young Fauxnics:

Was I was trying to say isthe amount of money our Hawaiin Lethario is willing to spend is directly related to the level of fondess our boy holds for said dime-piece. If he's penny-pinching he's really not trying to see past the headboard, while the more he's willing to spend the more we'll be hearing about Brian's mathcing outfits, trips to the carnival where he won some cupie (sp) dolls, and what he got a bed,bath,& beyond this weekend.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

cupie (sp) dolls

Kewpie dolls

• cupie (sp) dolls

Kewpie dolls

Linguo IS dying....[/b]