Paging Bambouche of the Vanguard Squad

On_the_Red_ClayOn_the_Red_Clay 1,728 Posts
edited June 2006 in Strut Central
Dude!Did you decide to let us find out on our own? I dont'agree Description:[/b] Operation Snatchback is a 12" single of hip-hop remixes in support of the forthcoming full-length album, Spectacular Vernacular. The 12" features the song ???Operation Snatchback??? (a modernization of The Coup???s 1994 track ???Takin??? These???), a condemnation of the American ???melting pot.???I started working on the remix during the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina. Considering the disparity of the human condition, based on race and class, it???s obvious that for as far as we have come, a great distance remains. It should be obvious as well, if not from looking back a decade, but looking back a hundred years, that ???protest songs??? don???t change the world. A good song can inspire, incite, give you a moment???s reflection, but it won???t change much. With that in mind, I???d suggest you not make this record into something. Instead, I???d suggest you do something, and use this record as a soundtrack to that action.For my reinterpretation of The Coup???s message, I chose historically significant moments of struggle -- both on the cover and in song -- to accentuate the lyrics. They???re the same statements that people have been making throughout American history, and it???s the same people making them: ???We want what is rightfully ours.??? ???If niggas want freedom, all they gotta do is just reach out and take it!??? ???No more days like those.??? ???I should be allowed to defend myself.??? ???We want what is rightfully ours.??? ???Ask not what you can do for your country, but what in the fuck has it done for you.???Refer to this as Operation Snatchback,--Bambouche of the Vanguard Squad[/b] s o u r c e

Comments

• Get this now! Top notch release.

SONIC

• meshmesh 925 Posts
    i was waiting for someone to mention this. i didn't want to blow dude's spot up.

[color:white] wait til you hear the rest of the album!!! [/color]

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    I was told it was not yet available.

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    It should be obvious as well, if not from looking back a decade, but looking back a hundred years, that ???protest songs??? don???t change the world. A good song can inspire, incite, give you a moment???s reflection, but it won???t change much. With that in mind, I???d suggest you not make this record into something. Instead, I???d suggest you do something, and use this record as a soundtrack to that action.
    When reading about political music I always think this and it frustrates me.

Now I really want to grab this.

• ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts
    Damn, can't wait to hear this in full!!!

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    Peep the upper-right hand side, just on top of my white 45 box:

My heartiest co-signature.

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts
    on top of my white 45 box

The fact that you have your records separated by race is only somewhat mitigated by the fact that you have these "white 45s" of yours stored beneath this particular record.

A questionable look at best, Mr. Hogg.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Yeah, but his Race Music section is off the chain.

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts

• urban anthem has it for 5.99 with free media mail shipping.
    with the money i saved on shipping i bought a third

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts

not to get off topic here....but ....what is the title of that book behind the bowling pin ? that's a book right ?

just checking my vision

• & for me, too- Operation Snatchback has been in heavy rotate, thanks for that Bam!

• dstill808dstill808 704 Posts
    If I were more .jpg inclined, there would definitely be an "available at M-Theory in San Diego" graemlin.

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    not to get off topic here....but ....what is the title of that book behind the bowling pin ? that's a book right ?

just checking my vision

It's a book called "How To Be DJ" and it's in Thai. I couldn't resist.

Now, back to the illustrious and praiseworthy Vanguard Squad record.

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    From what I understand, an official announcement is coming, pending some very important updates to the V-Squad website.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Snatch It Back And Hold It!

I just received mine.

Go get yours!