Future sports

DCarfagnaDCarfagna 983 Posts
edited May 2005 in Strut Central
Via an e-mail from Dave Tompkins:SPYDER D NOW OWNS THE CAROLINA THUNDER (AKA CHARLOTTE CRUNK)Duane "Spyder D" Hughes is now the official owner of the Charlotte,North Carolina ABA basketball team, the Carolina Thunder who have now beenrenamed the Charlotte Crunk. Hughes started his rap career 25 years ago in NewYork City, he is the creator of the seminal classic recordings "Placing theBeat,""Smerphies Dance" and "I Can't Wait To Rock the Mike." He was also oneof the first artists to be managed under Russell Simmons' RUSH ArtistManagement. The season starts November, stay tuned for further details.http://www.spydomusic.com.

Comments

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    I'm still working on my Long Distance Fish Throwing league.

• coselmedcoselmed 1,114 Posts
    I believe it's actually the Charlotte 'Krunk.'

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    Well, shiiiiiiit... I wanna buy an ABA team!!! I mean, I'm no Spyder D, but goddam... them shits must not cost very much! Lemme see what I got in my Paypal account after my next batch of Ebay auctions. I might have to do this.

• coselmedcoselmed 1,114 Posts
    Well, shiiiiiiit... I wanna buy an ABA team!!! I mean, I'm no Spyder D, but goddam... them shits must not cost very much! Lemme see what I got in my Paypal account after my next batch of Ebay auctions. I might have to do this.

You should name it the Philadelphia Jawn (the market is still up for grabs).

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts

You should name it the Philadelphia Jawn (the market is still up for grabs).

Right up there with Hong Kong.