LA Folls - The Basement For Sale???

33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
edited June 2006 in Strut Central
I was just forwarded this ebay listing. Not that I am too surprised, its rough out here for music stores. The Basement For Sale Listing

Comments

• That's a bummer man. Is it that hard to really survive as a record store in one of the biggest cities in US. Or is that just the problem? If it ain't fat beats- it ain't nuttin. sort a sad. LA peeps are apathetic as they ever were...

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    I think part of their issue is them being way the hell out in Sherman Oaks...

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

for reals, LA is so spread across that its hard to hit up shops on the regular. Hell I went to Freak Beat in Sherman Oaks yesterday for the first time in damn near forever and between the traffic distance I was thinking the trip really wasn't worth it.

If this city was a little more centralized I feel we would of had fewer going out of business sales in the last year

• francislaifrancislai 371 Posts

for reals, LA is so spread across that its hard to hit up shops on the regular. Hell I went to Freak Beat in Sherman Oaks yesterday for the first time in damn near forever and between the traffic distance I was thinking the trip really wasn't worth it.

If this city was a little more centralized I feel we would of had fewer going out of business sales in the last year

yeah it is a HAUL around town hittin shops. the gas toll is sometimes outweighing what i pay for records. cmon, if i can't drop $50 in a record store here that has got to be a problem.

i hit your store twice last week 33rd, got the aceyalone "all balls" lp complete with arons price tag!! cheers!